401 k

Posted by: Jerry Garcia

401 k - 08/02/14 10:38 AM

I have to move my 401 k before the 1st of Sept. What good or bad experience have any of you had with your 401 k's I'm 63 1/2 so not looking for alot of risk.
Posted by: Coho

Re: 401 k - 08/02/14 12:42 PM

We have done well with Fidelity - Lynnwood has good folk

Pm me if you want specifics
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: 401 k - 08/02/14 09:49 PM

I like Vanguard. Low fees.

Re: 401 k - 08/03/14 07:56 AM

Thanks
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: 401 k - 08/03/14 12:39 PM

Whatever ya' do Richard, don't follow my example of buying high and selling low. I was hoping to make it up on volume, but look how that worked out. I'm still working . . .

Re: 401 k - 08/03/14 11:24 PM

Wise advice Steve.
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: 401 k - 08/06/14 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: stam
Two words

coal futures

Agreed
Posted by: Todd

Re: 401 k - 08/06/14 02:06 PM

Three more important words...vote GOP...

"For the Economy"

I mean...it's only your retirement, the income you hope to live on the rest of your life after you retire...clearly voting GOP is in your best economic interests.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Just kidding. Only a complete and utter fool would put their money in the stock market and then vote GOP...you have to be dumber than a box of rusty hammers to do something that stupid.

Re: 401 k - 08/06/14 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd

P.S. Just kidding. Only a complete and utter fool would put their money in the stock market and then vote GOP...you have to be dumber than a box of rusty hammers to do something that stupid.

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Same old tired ass sh!t from Todd.

Thanks for making my point for me, Hank.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: 401 k - 08/06/14 03:36 PM

But I do agree...pointing out the obvious and verifiable fact that the stock market, and the rest of the economy, fares far, far better under Democratic administrations is tired.

It's the truth now, and it's been the truth for a long time.

What's not tired, however, is pointing out how utterly stupid you must be to vote GOP "On the Economy".

That will always be fresh and fun to point out, especially to the idiots that do it.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: 401 k - 08/07/14 11:51 AM

Hankster retired? Inconceivable!

Re: 401 k - 08/07/14 02:25 PM

You just go right on ahead in defiance of all facts and reason and vote GOP "For the Economy".

This is what I have referred to in the past as Aggressive Stupidity.

There's ignorance...that's all the fools that believe the GOP is good for the economy because they've always heard that and always believed it. I mean, they vote GOP, and the candidates they vote for keep telling them this, so of course it must be true.

Then there's stupid...they know better, but can't help voting party line GOP anyway because they are hardwired to...they just can't stop even when they know better.

Lastly there is Aggressively Stupid.

That's when you take the regular kind of stupid that can't help itself, and go out and trumpet your stupidity, defend your stupidity.

Double, treble, quadruple down on your stupidity.

Your stupidity is so big that you have to share it...it's bursting out of you in all directions.

That's the kind of stupidity it takes to vote GOP "For the Economy" when it has been proven to be the exact opposite of what the economy needs, over and over again.

Congratulations, Hank...again. At least you were smart enough to take your money out of the stock market before voting to kill it. I suspect JG won't be smart enough to do that...he'll pile his retirement in his 401K, as he should, and then vote for politicians and policies that have proven, time and time again, to be worse for the stock market.

That's another special kind of Aggressive Stupid.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 07:40 PM

You probally dont want to here this but,,,, the smartest thing you could do it take it out in cash and then spend all of it on something that has some actual value, such as physical gold/silver, food, diesel..

The fact is your about to loose all your wealth soon anyways if you have not converted it out of fiat currency. If you dont hold the deed to your own property you are going to be F#@%$d as well, because the fact is if you dont hold the deed someone else owns it and is going to come take it at some point in the near future; that is only if you were somewhat prepared for whats comming and are still alive to attempt to contest them.

The second best thing you should do is invest in a large supply of cannabis oil www.cureyourowncancer.org, and start using it to ween yourself of your dependence of perscriptiuon drugs, (blood,presure,diabeties,cholesteral and so on).

You need to be self reliant in all ways, if you are not or dont have someone else to take care of you,,, have no doubt you will perish!!!

The entire world is changing at this moment,, pretty soon the entire world is going to step away from the US dollar, unofficialy it has already happened. All economics in the Unitated States are currently being manipulated, to give you the false sense that everything is working....

If you dont already accept this you are a fool and are already dead..
YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!!! you owe it to the people that you care about to be ready for this..
Posted by: Excitable Bob

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 07:54 PM

Squatch will save us all, count on it!

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 08:02 PM

Its really me...

Paranoid? I think not, just very aware and VVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYYYY,, informed.

Not here to debate, just was looking around and thought I should do my duty and try and save a few lives.

The fact is, you should have been seeing this and been getting ready since 2007/2008,,,, the real smart people were ready way before that, (I was not one of the real smart ones) took me a little longer to catch on.

Its too late for you anyways if your mindset has not changed, we are in the 10th chapter of a 10 chapter book.

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 08:36 PM

This is now one of the best threads ever.

Do they still let you carry a gun?

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 08:39 PM

I'm going to invest in aluminum foil after reading this thread........

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 08:48 PM

Gave up LE in 2011! No need to live a lie anymore, or help institute it for that matter.

I moved to family property in an agraculture area, where I have recources and a support system in place. I have been working with the community members here (who are on the level), and we have established a plan and a system to make it though this.

I dont go far from home anymore because we are that close,,,, and I dont want to get caught where I have trouble getting back when it goes down.

I have been cutting alot of firewood, and have a means to produce all of my own food. If the power goes out and or I cant go anywhere for a very long period of time I will be fine..

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 08:53 PM

I envy and pitty your ignorance Todd.

I knew that I would recieve ridicule but if even one person even begins to mentally prepare themselves from reading this post it was worth it.

Above all it is the responsible thing to do.

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 08:56 PM

Cannabis oil......Check.

I gave all my food and gold to Chubaka to keep safe for me, so.......Check.

Now I just need whatever it is that RichG is smoking and I will be ready for any science fiction or fantasy scenario imaginable.

Posted by: HOOKUP

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: RICH G

Its too late for you anyways if your mindset has not changed, we are in the 10th chapter of a 10 chapter book.

How do you give a thread stars? This is 5/5 material...

Speaking of chapters lets talk about books...bat [Bleeeeep!] craziness only comes out of religion and drugs...fess up what your up to Rich

Surrounding yourself with people as ****ing crazy as yourself doesn't mean the world is ending...it just proves there is an over abundance of crazy wankers saying stoopid [Bleeeeep!].

The Aztecs,The Great Disappointment of 1844, Harold Camping should all be right up your in alley in dumbfukk predictions...please respond

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 09:29 PM

Really????

I am interested in how none of what I said makes sense to those of you who choose to label me as "crazy"? If you can logically discount any of it please do.

The reality is that what I said scares the living [Bleeeeep!] out of you and you label me with rediculus lables to cover up your own insecurities and fear.

I am not here to monger fear. I am here to help people remove the vail.

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 09:31 PM

I am not the one being an alarmist...just trying to get a better grip on your agenda so I can tear it apart...

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 09:35 PM

I'm still waiting for the big Bigfoot news.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
I'm still waiting for the big Bigfoot news.

Fish on...

Todd

I'd just be happy to know what pony tailed pot bellied big foot researcher Rich G is on the History channel... Those dudes look legit

Re: 401 k - 08/13/14 10:42 PM

History Channel?

Has that been on yet? I have not seen it. I filmed earlier this year but I dont have cable, had not heard it had been on.

No big belly or pony tail, when you see the show you will know its me because they will tell you my name. I think am going to be on for a full segment.

I was on Monsters and Mysteries (Destination America Channel) a couple years ago, but they did not really interview me for my story it was more for the research group I was in and the story they wanted to tell for the epesode.
Posted by: Coho

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 02:21 AM

Off the grid with internet - killa
Posted by: Tunacanner

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 11:32 AM

I'm stocked up with all I need. 22, 223, 308, 45, and 9mm. When the [Bleeeeep!] storm hits, pretty sure I can take what I need. LOL

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 12:12 PM

TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it)

WTSHTF (when the sh!t hits the fan)

Doomsday Preppers. (they're the ones buying up all the .22 LR)

Apocalypse Now!

401 k - what's that?

Regarding the mortgage, I asked the bank about the above scenarios, and they said they know they own the house, but they don't want it back. They just want me to take good care of it for them until civilization returns.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 12:17 PM

I just really want to know which will happen first:
- Find Bigfoot
- The meltdown

If Bigfoot is first, you'd be best off making your billion of his discover and then trading that in for gold or unicorn tears or whatever will be valuable in the future.

Rich, I'm not saying you're wrong but you do have to remember that you've come here before making absurd claims (with a timeframe even!) about something that never panned out. I know, I'm sure it is JUST about to happen...

I hope Jerry is paying attention because we're all here to help him with his 401k. I can't think of a better group of guys or better place for finding investment advice.

Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 12:23 PM

I've been seriously investigating the "off the grid" lifestyle, but not out of fear and anxiety or worries about WWIII, but rather a desire for peace and quiet. Not to mention that after four divorces, I have no retirement $ or savings, so being a minimalist will come in handy.
Dick Proenneke had it dialed in, but I would prefer a little more comfort. I've studied solar power, cabin kits, appliances made for off the grid, etc. Would really like a boat-in place, maybe uplake at Chelan. No noisy neighbors, no traffic, nobody telling me I need to buckle my seat belt, nobody telling me to change my password every 60 days. Just a boat, a couple of rods, a few spoons and some trout giving me a battle once in a while, hell, I'd probably let most of them go anyway.
Snake

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 12:26 PM

I love the idea of an "off the grid" lifestyle...but not because the Zombie Apocalypse is coming, because I think it would be better if you could pull it off.

Doomsday Preppers are lucky...their delusion never runs out, Doomsday is *always* right around the corner, they can never be proven wrong.

Hell, even all the religious nuts over the millenia who have predicted Doomsday down to the specific hour have just "recalculated" whenever that hour passes and came up with another specific hour somewhere just around the corner.

I think Preppers may have been created by Birthers so that they don't have to be the most ridiculous ones in the room any more.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 12:30 PM

Worth repeating:

"I think Preppers may have been created by Birthers so that they don't have to be the most ridiculous ones in the room any more."

LOL!

Re: 401 k - 08/14/14 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
I just really want to know which will happen first:
- Find Bigfoot
- The meltdown

If Bigfoot is first, you'd be best off making your billion of his discover and then trading that in for gold or unicorn tears or whatever will be valuable in the future.

Rich, I'm not saying you're wrong but you do have to remember that you've come here before making absurd claims (with a timeframe even!) about something that never panned out. I know, I'm sure it is JUST about to happen...

I hope Jerry is paying attention because we're all here to help him with his 401k. I can't think of a better group of guys or better place for finding investment advice.

Wasn't asking for investment advice persay but what your experience, good and bad, has been with your own 401k.

Posted by: wntrrn

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 12:12 PM

Jerry, to some here, this is seen as you're a f'n idiot and don't have a clue about [Bleeeeep!]. Those are the same people who can take a reasoned response about anything as, you're a f'n idiot and don't have a clue about [Bleeeeep!].

Looking at others is just easier that way. No thought has to go into it other than to think you're just a f'n idiot who doesn't know [Bleeeeep!] about anything all the while believing their answers are absolute.

You do understand that we aren't supposed to question our government, believe all is peachy, and think Prez Obama and the rest of the D's actually have our best interest in mind? If not, you're just a f'n idiot who doesn't know [Bleeeeep!] about anything.

Rich G, the end is coming and always has. Or, maybe it's just a new beginning that's around the corner.
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: wntrrn
Jerry, to some here, this is seen as you're a f'n idiot and don't have a clue about [Bleeeeep!]. Those are the same people who can take a reasoned response about anything as, you're a f'n idiot and don't have a clue about [Bleeeeep!].

Looking at others is just easier that way. No thought has to go into it other than to think you're just a f'n idiot who doesn't know [Bleeeeep!] about anything all the while believing their answers are absolute.

You do understand that we aren't supposed to question our government, believe all is peachy, and think Prez Obama and the rest of the D's actually have our best interest in mind? If not, you're just a f'n idiot who doesn't know [Bleeeeep!] about anything.

Rich G, the end is coming and always has. Or, maybe it's just a new beginning that's around the corner.

It's the same old $hit symphony, just different players. Could someone tell me where the best time and place to live is?

I really doubt the good old days were as good as some think they were.

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 12:57 PM

I really do hope the tea leaves are wrong on this but the evidence is overwelming, I would like nothing more than for things to just keep on going but there is just no way it can.

I understand that this really scares people for a number of reasons, and alot of people dont even want to live in a country that is vastly different from what we have today. But what you have to remember is that the things that are important in life cannot be purchased with any form of comerce. Whats important is famly, relathionships, no regrets in life and no missed opportunities.

But being afraid of reality is no reason to ignore whats right in your face and absutely no reason to ignore that nagging sense you have that is telling you that you need to get ready nad not to waste any time...
Posted by: IrishRogue

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 01:31 PM

The thing that amazes me most about doomsday believers -- is that they've essentially been 100% wrong for eternity, yet the mythos persists.

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 02:11 PM

I really do hope the tea leaves are wrong on this but the evidence is overwelming

Are we still talking about Bigfoots? Because I've been keeping him on my mind for a couple months since December 2010... still nothing. I'm sure it is RIGHT around the corner though.

Tell me his isn't FLYING the black helicopters?!

Personally, I'm pretty sure he is in a FEMA camp, counting bullets.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 03:58 PM

Just so everyone knows...having a 401K leads to the end.

Blurry end pic before checking out. Something is on fire, so Dan S should be happy.
See you all on the other side. wink

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 04:41 PM

Does "society collapse" include a possum epidemic?

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Let's face it, the end is inevitable. For some, the end comes early. For others it takes over 100 years. You can't run from it and you can't hide. The end is gonna chase you down and kick your ass at some point. While you're waiting for it, the best thing to do is have a good time and don't worry about it.

Just when I thought our Venn diagrams were in different worlds...

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 05:14 PM

Chubaka just called...That fat fuc.ker traded my gold to a leprechaun for cannabis oil. He tested the herb oil and now he has munchied all my food reserves. I'm so fu.cked when the world ends!
Posted by: NickD90

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 06:17 PM

I have no dog in this fight, because you have to have money to buy a dog to put into the fight. I've been reading today that some major players are shorting the market and putting chips on a "small market correction"? For whatever that's worth to you arseholes. Someone with money may want to chime in or not...I don't care. I have all my stock in lead futures and easy bake technologies. thumbs
Posted by: Bent Metal

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 09:11 PM

Redhook doesn't need a job because he knows society will collapse. Bigfoot is real, there are thousands of prints and blurry pictures to back this up. NickD has never caught a steelhead, believes in bigfoot too.

I think that is a fair recap of this thread??

BTW.....If your Y2K supply is low, go to Grocery Outlet...
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: 401 k - 08/15/14 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Banned User
Which comes first....

Bigfoot discovered
Society collapses
Markets crash
redhook gets a job

Discuss.....

smile

You growing a set trumps all those choices.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: 401 k - 08/16/14 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
NickD has never caught a steelhead, believes in bigfoot too.

WTH? Never caught steelhead and believes in Bigfoot? Where did this come from? Au Contraire... foul

Re: 401 k - 09/01/14 10:40 PM

Hope people are starting to wake up now, nearly every day the world is progressivly deteriating more and more. We are on the brink of WW3, which will be the fall of the "petrodollar" and the complete colapse of the US and EU econeies.

At the very least we are going to be isolated here in the US with the return of the "Greatest Depression" ever, accept much worse than the great depression of the 30's due to the fact that there is no longer any infrastructure in this country for industry and people dont know how to do anything anymore, like taking care of themselves.

All your wealth is going to be gone if it is based on anything related to the "dollar " or Stock Market. If it does not have inherrant value and you dont have it in your posession you will have nothing, not even a pot to piss in.

There will be violence here in america like you have never imagined, there will be people starving and freezing to death everywhere when the cold comes. There will be no jobs, no grocery stores, no hospitals and no law.
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 12:06 AM

rofl

fishin sucked today, my rod and reel broke frown

oh well...

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 12:30 AM

Think of it more like I am that little anoying itch that wont go away, that intuition that you keep ignoring that is telling you everthing I have said is on its way.

Spelling and grammer? really?

Look, wake up and pay attention, there are people that are going to be relying on you and if you dont have your head on straight you are no good to anyone including yourself. You have time to prepare yourself, mentally prepare yourself for the worse, think its going to be 10 times worse than you can imagine and start mentally preparing for that. Put yourself through scenerios and how you would react, put yourself through every possible scenerio you can imagine, make yourself mentally ready.

If your mind is not right no amount of preps will help you.

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 12:24 PM

"that boy aint right"

Just what I would expect you to say if you were playing out of the same outl play book.

Give it up dude, denial will get you in the worst possible place, this is happening no matter if you can handle it or not.

Do you think it wont happen just because you dont want it to? The evidence is overwelming beyond any reasonable doubt. The is not even a 1% chance that this is not going to happen.

We can pray that it is not going to be that bad but to be honest we are going to atleast have 85% casulties in this country. Not many people you know are going to make it throught this. You need to accept that.

What do you think your chances are when your entire world comes crashing down and you entire belief system is comprimised. You wont have any time to adapt and mourn, if you are not prepared for the worst possible scenerio you will perish like 250+ million other Americans.

You need to wake up.

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 03:00 PM

Rich is in the lead (by far) for 2014 K.O.T.Y crazy

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 03:20 PM

I am very pleased to have been out of the country for a long weekend and get to come home and find that this thread has got back going.

Thanks.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 04:17 PM

Time for a new PP sub forum.....Piscatorial Preppers.

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 04:55 PM

grin

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 05:26 PM

One of the next significant things that is going to happen is that Germany is going to cut all of its ties with the USA and EU. They are going to align with the BRICS, they are going to do this to preserve their econemy, France will follow Germany's lead soon after more than likely. They are going to kick some big banks out of their country since they will be cutting ties with the US Dollar and going to the BRICS gold backed system.

That will start a chain reaction of banks falling in europe first, (southern europe first), then some here and Japan next, which will really start to get things going. That is probably when the stock market re-adjusts or maybe after all the big banks fail it re-adjusts. Look for Gold and Silver to sky rocket after the stock market crashes which will cause a huge sell off causing the spot gold/silver price to crash. (the reason you will see this is because people will think history will repeat itself and sell off their gold and silver to re-invest in the stock market since there has always been big money to make after a market crash rebounds. But history wont repeat itself. After the big sell off the price of gold and silver will sky rocket again only after much of it has left the hands of the civilian population.

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 07:26 PM

Have you noticed how many people are silent regarding this issue? Its because they know whats comming already and have no need or desire to identify themselves so that they can be ridiculed by idiots. You have got to be a few rocks short of a gravel pit to have the position that some of you do. (what is your position?)

I really dont know what world you are living in if you dont know that everything going on are the symptoms of a world melt down.

You people are unbelievable!!!

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 08:11 PM

Rich,
A little timeframe would be helpful. I had a client's son convince him to buy $100K of gold stock a few years ago, because the son said the end was coming. The $100K is worth a little more than half that now.
I'm trying to understand the timing of your disasters....European bank collapse, weather flip-flop, and US gov't breakdown leading to civil war, etc. When do I need to start hoarding cans of baked beans and gas for my Coleman stove?
I hope you find Bigfoot before the [Bleeeeep!] hits the fan....seriously.
Snake

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 08:24 PM

Have you noticed how many people are silent regarding this issue? Its because they know whats comming already and have no need or desire to identify themselves so that they can be ridiculed by idiots.

If you associate people's silence and disinterest as confirmation of your beliefs, I can see why you are so convinced of your own thoughts.

You know who is silent on this issue and must already know what is coming?

Bigfoot.

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 08:30 PM

Dood.

Nice.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 08:48 PM

Speaking of Costco...
I once got the Amway pitch. A few seconds into it I said no thanks.
The guys response was to blurt out "Amway will put Costco out of business within two years"
Well that was 20+ years ago, so the clock is still ticking. I'm guessing it is still possible.
By the way, did anyone else hear Amway is now selling Life Extension Kit?

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 08:53 PM

is this real?

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 09:02 PM

I can visualize TwoJobs and Redhook in a supermarket fighting over the last can of pork n' beans...

And.....TwoJobs screaming for him to get a job rofl

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 09:09 PM

i dont eat that sh!t...

ill be in the meat aisle...

or the beer section....

Re: 401 k - 09/02/14 09:20 PM

AAAhhhhh Fuk.....The dollar store is getting low on Bigfoot costumes....

Re: 401 k - 09/03/14 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Evo
i dont eat that sh!t...

ill be in the meat aisle...

or the beer section....

Pepperoni hot pockets with Natty Ice?

The breakfast of trailer park champions.

Re: 401 k - 09/03/14 12:27 AM

meat section, not frozen food section dipsh!t...

an i prefer a nice cold crisp Boodwietzer, very good beer...

Re: 401 k - 09/03/14 12:33 AM

Expired mystery meat and Budweiser, my bad.

Make sure to save some for the end of the world.
Posted by: willametteriveroutlaw

Re: 401 k - 09/03/14 11:31 AM

I thought you couldn't buy beer with foodstamps..

Re: 401 k - 09/03/14 01:37 PM

That someone thinks Budweiser is "good beer" is actually lending credence to the idea that the world is indeed ending.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: 401 k - 09/03/14 02:22 PM

Perhaps a change in perspective could shift present conditions and Jim Willie's anticipated outcomes....

But there is no remedy for bad beer. Should the SHTF, we should just meet at Paker's place for some Deschutes Brewery Abyss. I'll bring a bucket. wink

Posted by: Excitable Bob

Re: 401 k - 09/07/14 03:38 PM

I think we are safe from a world/civilization collapse for now. However if actual proof of Sasquatch/Yeti/Abominable Snowman surfaces then grab your hat and beer, we are doomed.