WSU football

Posted by: erikj

WSU football - 10/10/15 07:26 PM

Did that really just happen? Didn't they lose to Portland State? I'm so used to couging it, that I'm having trouble processing the win. Good job coach Leach.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: WSU football - 10/10/15 08:03 PM

I bet Bill Moos is having fun tonight.

Re: WSU football - 10/10/15 08:37 PM

No doubt, wasn't he a Duck at one time?

Re: WSU football - 10/10/15 08:42 PM

Hate to get my hopes up, but its been a while since the coug's looked good. Gonna enjoy this one for a day or three. smile
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: WSU football - 10/12/15 05:31 AM

[Bleeeeep!]

Yep, Mariota was pretty good.

Re: WSU football - 10/12/15 08:11 AM

Originally Posted By: erikj
No doubt, wasn't he a Duck at one time?

Yeah a few ex-Coug football players helped build Oregon. This is starting to look like the early 80s when Oregon State and Oregon sucked at football. Oregon is a track and field school.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: WSU football - 10/12/15 10:49 AM

Just as long as they don't beat UW I wish the Cougs success. Or at least just enough success that they never fire Coach Leach.

When asked last week about gun violence by the Or media he admitted to owning guns his whole life but keeps the guns and ammo locked up separately. For home defense he keeps a pirates sword next to his bed.

He's just an easy guy to like.

Go for two?
Posted by: Waterboy

Re: WSU football - 10/13/15 01:25 PM

It is actually a battle axe.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: WSU football - 10/13/15 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Waterboy

I keep a battle axe for home security too...

you just try to break in, she'll slice you to ribbons!!!
Posted by: Todd

Re: WSU football - 10/13/15 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Piper
Originally Posted By: Waterboy

I keep a battle axe for home security too...

you just try to break in, she'll slice you to ribbons!!!

Solid work right there, Piper.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: WSU football - 10/13/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster

Aw, Jaybus.

The bloom is off the rose already.

sorry hank, I was referring to the cat... she'll rip your face off if you look at her

Re: WSU football - 10/13/15 05:18 PM

You have a cat too?

Is it pudgy?

no, she does...

but I don't hold that against her, because I have a burlap bag and rock picked out... I'm gonna miss that rock

Re: WSU football - 10/13/15 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: stam
That was fun... enjoyed seeing my cougar friend enjoying it smile

Now....

...hang the coach. wink

Seems that Oregon finally gets a coach that is a decent person and the losing begins. Jelly Belly Kelly should be available soon.
And the beatings will resume.
The beatings have been part of my life...I miss them.

wink

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 06:26 PM

I'm gonna work all weekend. Gonna miss the cougs playing the beaves for sure.. Hope we get done in time to see the Dogs punish the Ducks. I'd feel comfortable betting for a win by both teams this weekend.

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 06:59 PM

Now there's a parade that needs peein' on.

smile

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 07:15 PM

Golden showers aside, I'd welcome some side bets. Hundy per game, loser pays up to the children's hospital. I expect crickets...pussies grin

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 07:19 PM

https://giveto.seattlechildrens.org/

No points given. Any takers?

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 07:30 PM

Any Duck fans or Beaver fans...This is your chance to show how big your grapes are compared to the small time Washington teams this weekend. Post a bet against a WA team and the loser donates to a good cause.

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 07:36 PM

You chuckleheads have have a very good chance to run the table come Saturday.
I wouldn't bet a fuggin dime on the hapless Schmucks this year.
They are broken.

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 07:43 PM

I figured you'd be in for sure. A couple of turnovers and it could go either way.

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 08:32 PM

Guessing I'm not the only one tired of listening to the retired crew around here that have little to add, but have endless B.S. to keep their post counts up. Come on, you old fukers, I just put some fresh eggs on.

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 08:47 PM

173 posts ? Goddam weaner boy with a post count like that.
Yer not even old enough to be Camp Bitch.

rofl
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 08:59 PM

rofl
Posted by: Bent Metal

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 09:09 PM

Camp Bitch? Sounds like a good job for a Coug..... rofl

Re: WSU football - 10/16/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Bent Metal
Camp Bitch? Sounds like a good job for a Coug..... rofl

Bent Over Broke Back Mountain1

GO COUGS1

Re: WSU football - 10/17/15 02:51 PM

you can tell they're playing in farm country... OSU d'backs look like their trying to stop greased pigs

323 passing yards and 6 touchdown passes at the half, not bad, but it is still the cougs and there is still a second half wink
Posted by: Brewer

Re: WSU football - 10/17/15 05:34 PM

wazzu sweeps 0rygone/state. gotta give the cougs props.

Re: WSU football - 10/17/15 05:58 PM

Damn, that was easy. Hooked two on the first pass through.

Re: WSU football - 10/17/15 07:40 PM

Btw, I'll be your camp bitch. Does it need to be a wheelchair accessible campsite? Maybe we should just stay at your place and I'll just wheel you over to the 'fridge when you get thirsty.

Re: WSU football - 10/17/15 07:48 PM

Keep your sexual fantasies to yourself. rolleyes

Re: WSU football - 10/17/15 08:13 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out. Thought you spit the hook. It's getting close to nappy time little guy.

Re: WSU football - 10/17/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Brewer
wazzu sweeps 0rygone/state. gotta give the cougs props.

The Cougs pounded the Beavers!

Divided household here.

Re: WSU football - 10/18/15 09:58 AM

Huskies just might get a good ass-woopin' in the Apple Cup.

Re: WSU football - 10/19/15 11:10 PM

Pretty cool to be in the hunt this time of the season. Having Coach Leach and a quarterback like Luke gives WSU fans a little bit of hope. Gonna be fun to watch it all play out. Seeing the outcome of the Mich. State game reminds me of how fun this time of year can be to diehard fans. Apple Cup is a ways out, but I'd love to see the Cougs put up a fight against Arizona and the Cardinals. If'n the defense shows up, you can bet they have a good chance against either team. Good times... grin

Re: WSU football - 10/20/15 08:37 PM

Pretty cool to be in the hunt this time of the season. Having Coach Leach and a quarterback like Luke gives WSU fans a little bit of hope. Gonna be fun to watch it all play out. Seeing the outcome of the Mich. State game reminds me of how fun this time of year can be to diehard fans. Apple Cup is a ways out, but I'd love to see the Cougs put up a fight against Arizona and the Cardinals. If'n the defense shows up, you can bet they have a good chance against either team. Good times... grin

Seeing the outcome of the MSU Michigan game reminds me of the Cal WSU game. Oh well got to score when we get the ball against Zona.

Re: WSU football - 10/21/15 04:58 PM

I said "a little bit of hope". Not ready to bet the farm. wink

Re: WSU football - 10/21/15 06:47 PM

Never know when when the next "Oooh, they c00ged it" moment will happen.
Gotta uphold tradition.

Re: WSU football - 10/21/15 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive

it will happen... they're overdue

Re: WSU football - 10/22/15 01:54 PM

Nice to see WSU doing good. I'll never forget that bowl game last year that they blew, that was the weirdest game I've ever seen. crazy

Re: WSU football - 10/22/15 04:43 PM

Stanford v. Cal might be a good one.

That Browning kid is going to have some troubles in the land of the Trees, that is if the shoulder has healed up.

Re: WSU football - 10/23/15 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Piper
Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive

it will happen... they're overdue

No doubt. It's still been fun to watch them have a little bit of success. Coach Leach's comments for the media are an added bonus.

Re: WSU football - 10/23/15 07:40 PM

I would gladly trade Oregon sucking, for an improved wsu team and a relevant apple cup once agian.

The Cougs were so much better at couging-it when they were good grin
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: WSU football - 10/23/15 07:58 PM

I would gladly trade Oregon sucking, for an improved wsu team and a relevant apple cup once agian.

The Cougs were so much better at couging-it when they were good grin

go ducks

Re: WSU football - 10/23/15 07:59 PM

It's still been fun to watch them have a little bit of success.

yes it has... When was the last time the Pac 12 standings looked like this? wink

Go Cougs!!

Re: WSU football - 10/23/15 08:26 PM

GO COUGS !

Re: WSU football - 10/24/15 01:08 PM

A day game? What a [Bleeeeep!] concept!

#pac12afterdark. #reallyfuckingsucks.
Posted by: DBAppraiser

Re: WSU football - 10/24/15 04:34 PM

Cougs hang on down in the desert to beat UA!!! Go Cougs !!!
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: WSU football - 10/24/15 04:50 PM

GO COUGS

Re: WSU football - 10/24/15 07:22 PM

Wow. Sounds like I missed a shootout. Time for the Huskies to soften up Stanford. Coach Peterson is pretty good at finding a soft spot against a ranked team. Pulling for the Huskies tonight.

Re: WSU football - 10/24/15 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
Cougs hang on down in the desert to beat UA!!! Go Cougs !!!

SWEET!!!!

Re: WSU football - 10/24/15 10:14 PM

Dawgs are a couple years away from being able to hang with Stanford. They are getting manhandled tonight by the Cardinal.

Big game next weekend in the Palouse!!!

Re: WSU football - 10/25/15 09:16 AM

Goddam Trees are getting their schitt together, looks like.
David Shaw is one good football coach.
Gotta get up on them quick before they can get their steamroller going.

Re: WSU football - 10/25/15 06:41 PM

Be nice to see the cougs give Stanford a scare. Better yet, a win would be cool.

Re: WSU football - 10/25/15 09:24 PM

Yeah, I'll say it. WSU beats Stanford. 35-28.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: WSU football - 10/25/15 09:38 PM

Next Coog win makes them Bowl Eligiable. Wonder when we can say that for the Dawgs.

Re: WSU football - 10/26/15 08:53 AM

I'm setting the over/under for Stanford punts at 0.5.

And the over/under for Coog running plays at 0.5.

Good luck Coogs!

Re: WSU football - 10/26/15 08:56 AM

BTW,

Was I the only one who heard Coach Leach's post game rant. It was awesome. "They're just so smart. I'll run my own play and be a hero. And then I'll collapse in a fetal position like I just got shot. Some guys, when laying in a fetal position, should just stay in a fetal position." smile

That's not an exact quote and only a small part of his rant but close enough.
Posted by: fish monger

Re: WSU football - 10/26/15 10:46 AM

He sure can ramble on like a nut, but his short answers can be pretty good too. I thought it was pretty funny when one of the announcers was trying to interview Leach at half time, and asked him what the plan was to slow down the AZ special teams. In his usual dead pan reply..."Run down there and tackle the guy".

Can't argue with that. End of conversation. smile

Seems he's always good for some sort of entertainment value.

Re: WSU football - 10/26/15 01:50 PM

Throw the ball 50-70 times and hope for the best. It's working pretty good so far.

what Kapernick does is throw it up (usually out of bounds) and hope for the best...

you aren't leading the NCAA in completion percentage just hoping for the best

wink

Re: WSU football - 10/26/15 02:34 PM

Remember the pass Kap threw out of bounds that ear holed one of the Niners staff? It was underthrown. His target was the dude selling churros in the 4th row.

rofl

this one!

the rest of your analysis is spot on... short yards but lots of em

Re: WSU football - 10/27/15 05:27 PM

The cougs will keep this game close. A little luck and they will outscore Stanford. Coach Leach will have a job next year regardless.

Re: WSU football - 10/27/15 05:45 PM

The cougs will keep this game close for the first 5 minutes. A little luck and they will outscore the Stanford cheerleaders. Coach Leach will have his statue.

thumbs

Re: WSU football - 10/27/15 09:15 PM

Per Kevin Gimmell ESPN Pac 12 Power Rankings :

Welcome to this week's power rankings. If you don't like where you're ranked, play better. (Warning: Nos. 4-8 are a mess). You can see last week's ranking here.

1. Stanford Cardinal: Congrats, David Shaw and Co. I believe you're the fifth different team to occupy the No. 1 spot in the power rankings this season. Get comfy. I'm sure nothing will change in the next few weeks. Joking aside, Stanford is simply rolling right now. It's still too early to draw the 2014 Ohio State comparison ... isn't it?

2. Washington State Cougars: A three-game winning streak in conference play means it's time to officially start taking the Cougars seriously. No, seriously. Say the defense is inconsistent. Say the special teams is suspect. But they can put up points, and they can do it quickly and they can eat up yards in chunks. In a league where parity (parody?) reigns, that makes them awfully dangerous each week.

3. Utah Utes: No one was going to make it through the Pac-12 South undefeated. And anyone who thought otherwise was embracing illusions. That said, Utah got beat in the worst way possible -- they got out-muscled, something that doesn't happen often to a Kyle Whittingham team. The good news is they are still atop the division and control their own destiny. As Whittingham said after the game, “All is not lost.”

4. USC Trojans: Beat the No. 3 team in the country and you're going to enjoy a nice bump in the rankings. The Trojans are so full of potential. The question has been consistency and execution, not talent. The team that showed up Saturday night against the Utes was not the team that lost to Washington. That said, they are still 4-3 and 2-2 in conference play. Their placement in these rankings is not without hesitation.

5. UCLA Bruins: The same can be said for USC's cross-town rival. They, too, enjoy a nice bump for beating a ranked team. But which team shows up week-to-week continues to be a mystery. If it's the team that showed up against Cal, then the Bruins still have a legitimate shot at the division. If it's the team that showed up against Arizona State and Stanford, they'll quickly fall again to the bottom half of these rankings.

6. Oregon Ducks: No question, Oregon is a better team with Vernon Adams Jr. in the lineup. And the schedule sets up nicely for the Ducks to still make a run in the division and possibly get back into the rankings at a later date. Next up is Arizona State on a national spotlight, followed by Cal, Stanford and USC before the Civil War.

7. Arizona State Sun Devils: ASU drops a bit since the LA schools both had big wins against ranked opponents while the Sun Devils were on bye. Fear not, ASU fans. Win next week at home against Oregon and you'll move back up. Scoring an offensive touchdown would help as well.

8. California Bears: The Bears have come back to earth slightly after back-to-back losses. Priority No. 1 is getting that sixth win and getting back to the postseason. And with USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford and Arizona State left on the docket, you have to imagine at least one win is out there. Are there more?

9. Washington Huskies: Next week is going to be a huge swing game for the Huskies when Arizona comes to town. A win keeps Washington in position for a bowl game. A loss forces them to win three of their last four against Utah, Arizona State, Oregon State or Washington State. That might be a lot to ask.

10. Arizona Wildcats: Next week is equally important for the Wildcats as they make their way to Seattle trying to lock up bowl eligibility. If it's not next week, they'll have to beat either USC, Utah or Arizona State down the stretch. And since they have struggled against teams with winning records, that could be a tall order.

11. Colorado Buffaloes: Anyone who saw Mike MacIntyre's reaction after beating Oregon State on Saturday night understands exactly what breaking a 14-game losing streak in conference games means to the coach and the Buffs. They probably aren't going to get to the seven-win mark and a bowl game (remember, they have 13 regular-season games), but getting that first conference win in almost two years is a tangible sign of improvement this team can build on.

12. Oregon State Beavers: The good news is the Beavers have five games left to find a conference win. The bad news is four of those five teams have a winning record. The team that doesn't -- Washington -- has one of the best defenses in the league.

Re: WSU football - 10/28/15 06:00 PM

So few believers. WSU beats Stanford by 6.

Re: WSU football - 10/28/15 07:17 PM

Yeah, Coug's by 1. Stanford might be the real deal. Cougs will give them a scare though. Side bet?

Re: WSU football - 10/28/15 07:24 PM

The Cardinal O-Line and skill players will man handle the Cougs D, However the Cougs offense will beable to move the ball.... How much will dictate the score. Stanford 35 WSU 32

Re: WSU football - 10/28/15 08:35 PM

Hope Barber can play for the Cougs. Not sure what his status is since Leach doesn't report injuries. May need to insert another DT against the jumbo tree formation.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: WSU football - 10/29/15 03:54 PM

I saw a few wagon trains and stagecoaches with Wazzu plates heading out today.
Hopefully they make it over Disappointment Pass before game time rolls around on the Palouse prairie.
SF

Re: WSU football - 10/29/15 04:13 PM

Coogs by 7.

Coogs by 6.

Now it's coogs by 1?

Let me know when you have the Trees by 3.

grin

grin
Give me a little wiggle room. I'm a Coug fan.

Re: WSU football - 10/29/15 06:44 PM

BREAKING NEWS FROM PULLMAN:

Smoke has been seen rising from the location of Martin Stadium since 9am this morning. Thousands of concerned citizens hitched their wagons, laced their wooden shoes, secured their livestock and prized goats, to traverse the rolling hills of the Palouse to find out what was causing all the smoke. Some of the first settlers on scene reported that football coach Mike Leach, a man of few words; apparently didn't have the vocabulary extensive enough to report they were playing the Stanford Cardinal this weekend, so he lit the only tree in town on fire to signal the beginning.....of the end

Go Cougs stir

Re: WSU football - 10/29/15 09:02 PM

Breaking News from Snohomish County1

A fisherman known as Bend Over just escaped from the State Penitentiary in Monroe, Snohomish County. Suspect has no teeth and his DNA indicates he is an inbred Snohomish County bumpkin. He may be staying in a van down by the river marked Free Candy wearing a Husky Rose Bowl antique jersey.
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: WSU football - 10/30/15 04:35 PM

I am in New England Patriot country for work. Will they have a hay ride and a corn maze?

Re: WSU football - 10/30/15 04:46 PM

No.
The elves will be busy taking a wagon load of deflated balls to Gillette by moonlight.
You might be able to hitch a ride on that and meet Tom at the rendezvous point.

One if by land, two if by sea

Re: WSU football - 10/30/15 07:52 PM

Going to the eastside for birds. We'll end up in Pateros. Gonna watch the game there, so if you're in the area come find us @ the only place open. grin

Re: WSU football - 10/31/15 05:20 AM

Not if the game is on ESPN. Not a motel or a bar in town that has ESPN. Brewster too.

Re: WSU football - 10/31/15 07:46 AM

It's on ESPN.
You could try streaming it on http://xn--athe-1ua.net/ or http://firstrowsportes.eu/football

Using those streaming sites is always quirky in getting a good stream running.
You have to find a good link and then methodically click out the ads.
You also may get pop-unders that you can get rid of easily by minimizing and clicking out.

Use a tabbed browser....you know, with the file-like tabs up at the top for an easier time fending off the re-directs.
I have never picked up any malware, but I have a pretty good fortress.

Chrome
Adblock Plus
Avast!
Malwarebytes

Some of the better links will rag on you when they detect ADP.
Simply turn it off, get the stream running and turn it back on.

So it's a PITA to do the above especially the first time you try it.
And sometimes the stream is crappy.
I've learned all the little games and stream often.
Been using Firstrow more these days.

Re: WSU football - 10/31/15 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Husky Rose Bowl antique jersey.

I've been looking all over for that, antique is right cry

Re: WSU football - 10/31/15 11:21 PM

coogs lose on a ray finkle kick! for cry'n out loud!!!

Re: WSU football - 10/31/15 11:23 PM

Good to see the Cooging it tradition continues.
SF

Re: WSU football - 10/31/15 11:25 PM

laces out !!!

Re: WSU football - 10/31/15 11:28 PM

Cooged-it, wide right.... I actually wanted the Cougs to win this one... rofl
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: WSU football - 11/01/15 11:51 AM

Looks like the Coogs whipped the Trees in every category except the one that matters most. If nothing else, I think it's safe to say they're no longer the Pac-12 doormat, but the way they turned the ball over at critical points in the game where they weren't under any pressure to do so shows they still have some learning to do about how to win big games. More than the missed kick to win it (the kicker did enough to help the team win before that), I think those head-scratcher turnovers were where they Cooged it.

The parity in college football these days is pretty amazing. Keeps it fun.

Re: WSU football - 11/01/15 04:45 PM

Thought they had that one. Pure fun none the less.

Re: WSU football - 11/01/15 05:22 PM

Have to score TDs in the red zone. Stanford has a good defense. Too many FGs and I thought he would nail the last one. Thought the Cougs had a turnover that was reversed. Defense had a great first half and Hogan was sacked often and McCaffrey held in check but gave up too any big plays in the second t these guys. Oh well great Halloween party last night. I was angry with the outcome but got over it fast and danced in my pirate costume. Lost my cell phone after I was dropped off at the room but retrieved it this morning. Oh well I think the Cougs can still get to a bowl.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: WSU football - 11/02/15 03:34 PM

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.......

Re: WSU football - 11/02/15 05:22 PM

Felt more like a kick in the nuts.

Re: WSU football - 11/02/15 07:39 PM

If ifs and buts were kicks in the nuts, we'd all be cougs...

Re: WSU football - 11/03/15 07:17 PM

You got a chuckle from me, but only 'cause it's been a couple of days.
Posted by: GutZ

Re: WSU football - 11/04/15 01:36 PM

It would have been the ultimate Coog if they had just slowed down that runner with :06 rather than tackle him, just let the clock run off the last :04

What was the purpose of that run?

Re: WSU football - 11/07/15 06:22 PM

WSU 38 ASU 24

GO COUGS

Ruin the Bruins!

Re: WSU football - 11/14/15 11:35 PM

wsu defeats ucla!!!!

Re: WSU football - 11/14/15 11:36 PM

great game... I was worried at 1:09 left in the fourth and they gave up the lead but they pulled it off!!!

go cougs!!!

Re: WSU football - 11/14/15 11:40 PM

that wazzu QB is a gamer!

Re: WSU football - 11/14/15 11:48 PM

I'm surprised they let him play the second half... but, I'm glad they did...

he was concussed for sure, with all those hits he took. tough kid

Re: WSU football - 11/15/15 12:15 AM

I was shocked he took the field too.

Re: WSU football - 11/15/15 02:13 AM

Nice to see the Coogs doing good. thumbs

Re: WSU football - 11/15/15 10:12 AM

What else are you going to do besides watch college football when it is pouring outside and the rivers are blown? Watched UW dawg it against ASU. Oregon beat the Trees. Then Wazzu come back after an interception and TD scramble.

Re: WSU football - 11/15/15 03:49 PM

Cougars seem to be rebranding
"Cooging it"

I must admit that I enjoyed that ending.

indeed, they are setting themselves up nicely for the ultimate "Cooging it" in front of a nationwide audience

Re: WSU football - 11/15/15 04:46 PM

Good times for WSU fans. AP put them at #24.

Re: WSU football - 11/17/15 10:58 PM

FALK FOR HEISMAN!

Re: WSU football - 11/18/15 06:45 PM

Hate to say it, but, I hope the Cougs beat the buffs and come into Montlake with a #2? Ranking. The Cougs will be playing for alot more than the Dawgs coming into the Apple Cup, the Dawgs are fighting for a bowl......any bowl...

FYI, Cougs..... Don't forget to saddle up the Ol' 4 hoof drive and make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes for the wagon train over the pass.... heated stagecoaches a must grin

Re: WSU football - 11/18/15 07:05 PM

FALK FOR HEISMAN!

thumbs

Re: WSU football - 11/18/15 07:17 PM

FALK FOR HEISMAN!

Sounds too much like Fawk.
Omen ?

Re: WSU football - 11/23/15 10:33 AM

great weekend for Washington football

huskies rout, coug's are up to 20th in the polls, and the seahawks showed some life...

I hope Falk is back for the Apple Cup, should be a good game

Re: WSU football - 11/23/15 04:38 PM

Volleyball ?
You need counseling, Tinbender.

What's next, soccer ?

wink

Re: WSU football - 11/23/15 06:46 PM

I hope Falk can play, although if he doesn't probably a good call as the kid has alot ahead of him and needs to be 100%. The Cougs are way overdue for an epic Coog-it at Montlake.

Cougs blow lead late thanks to a Peterson trick play Dawgs 38 Cougs 35

Re: WSU football - 11/23/15 10:31 PM

Going to the Civil War at Autzen. Cougs have already feasted on roasted Duck and skinned Beaver earlier this season. I'll be watching the Apple Cup on the TV in the suite. Huskies playing the Pac 12 team that nobody wants to play.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: WSU football - 11/24/15 10:09 AM

A perfect world--- spandex and knee pads.

Re: WSU football - 11/24/15 05:08 PM

Ah, that volleyball.

Re: WSU football - 11/24/15 10:54 PM

And then Jeremy Stevens drove his truck through the side of the barn....

Re: WSU football - 11/26/15 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser
And then Jeremy Stevens drove his truck through the side of the barn....

while rushing to deliver Ryan Leaf his chicklets....

While driving Billy Joe Hobart's Camaro!

Re: WSU football - 11/26/15 07:42 AM

They pass Mike Price......... Walking back to his hotel room with a bottle of scotch...

Re: WSU football - 11/26/15 03:07 PM

They pass Mike Price......... Walking back to his hotel room with a bottle of scotch...

And Jeremy and Hope Solo in the US soccer team bus

Re: WSU football - 11/27/15 03:13 PM

This thread sure got quiet.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: WSU football - 11/27/15 04:06 PM

If it weren't for a really schitty call the Coogs would have only scored three, and the Dawgs would have had double digit takeaways if they didn't flat out drop four additional interceptions... Coogs are lucky it was only 45-10, it could have easily been 59-3.

In spite of what the Dawgs just did to the Coogs...these are going to be two good teams next year, you are likely to see the 6-5 Huskies as a pre-season ranked team.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: WSU football - 11/28/15 05:21 AM

Go Coogs....lol.
Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: WSU football - 11/28/15 08:09 AM

Typical little brother coogs. Talk a bunch of crap before the game, but they all go into hiding after ANOTHER ass kicking

Re: WSU football - 11/28/15 09:56 AM

I haven't seen a plungering like that in a while.

I guess the Coogers weren't the team we were led to believe. If Washington's db's knew how to catch, it could have been worse.

I ate half a tin of Cooger Gold cheese yesterday while watching the game.

Re: WSU football - 11/28/15 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

I ate half a tin of Cooger Gold cheese yesterday while watching the game.
Don't make any important decisions for at least 24 hours.

smile

Re: WSU football - 11/29/15 11:13 PM

Cougs have had a great season and can still get to 9 wins!

UW is bowl eligible with 6 wins.

Pac 12 North standings:

1. Stanford 8-1
2. Oregon 7-2
3. WSU 6-3
4. Cal 4-5
5. UW 4-5
6. OSU 0-9

Re: WSU football - 11/29/15 11:56 PM

Expanded Pac 12 Standings:

1. Stanford 8-1
2. Oregon 7-2
3. WSU 6-3
3. USC 6-3
3. Utah 6-3
6. UCLA 5-4
7. Cal 4-5
7. ASU 4-5
7. UW 4-5
10. Ariz 3-5
11. Col 1-8
12. OSU 0-9

Re: WSU football - 11/30/15 08:38 AM

I've been to around 30 Apply Cups. And that was the biggest ass whooping I've ever seen.

And anyone who thinks the outcome would have been different with Falk wasn't at the game. I saw a lot of receivers that could not get open. And when they did they came open into a zone a linebacker was crashing down into to thump their ass. That offense is a great way to get you receivers and QB's hurt.

There was a reason there were so many dropped passes. The Coug receivers sure looked an awful lot like the Bronco receivers in SB48.

Just a good 'ol ass whooping by the Dawgs!!

Originally Posted By: Todd
This thread sure got quiet.

Fish on...

Todd

Cougs only talk sh!t when the Huskies lose which leaves the Apple Cup pretty much off limits smile

Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: WSU football - 11/30/15 09:52 AM

The Coogs would have won this game if not for the refs.
And the scoreboard!!!
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: WSU football - 11/30/15 12:33 PM

What a F'n let down........my blame goes solely to the coaching staff for not getting these guys ready to play....they didn't even have a chance to Coog it, they were too busy on their backs with their feet up in the air....
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: WSU football - 11/30/15 01:37 PM

"they were too busy on their backs with their feet up in the air...."

Sounds like the most popular girl in school.

Re: WSU football - 11/30/15 02:00 PM

Hopefully all the wagon trains made it back to the Pullman by now without a horse dying or blowing a wood wheel.

Keep posting the Pac 12 standing, it won't change the score.
SF

Re: WSU football - 11/30/15 02:03 PM

^^^Yep^^^

The only thing that matters is SU vs USC in the championship game.

And the Apple Cup laugh

Re: WSU football - 12/01/15 09:29 PM

Congratulations to Coach Mike Leach Co-Pac 12 football coach of the year and Luke Falk Co-Pac 12 QB of the year, Gabe Marks, Joe Dahl 1st team, Darryl Paulo, Destiny Vaeao, 2nd team, Shalom Luani, Cole Madison, Hercules Mata'afa, Peyton Pelluer, Riley Sorenson, Dom Williams Honorable Mention !

Pac 12 football awards

Re: WSU football - 12/02/15 10:04 PM

The proper place for any Coug accolades belongs on a grain silo in the middle of the Palouse.... cowboy
Posted by: CedarR

Re: WSU football - 12/07/15 04:31 PM

Nothing but good news:

Cougars will play Miami in the Dec. 26 Hyundai Sun Bowl.

QB Luke Falk is listed as probable for that game.

Gabe Marks will probably return to WSU next year.

A feature length dvd of the 2015 Apple Cup will be released under the working title, "Dazed and Contused".

Spreading Cougar cheer, one field at a time...

Re: WSU football - 12/08/15 12:54 PM

Thanks for your never ending support CedarR rofl

GO COUGS!
Posted by: CedarR

Re: WSU football - 12/26/15 09:53 AM

Almost time for the Dawgs and the Cougs to go bowling. In Dallas, the game time temperature is expected to be in the mid seventies with low 20 mph winds. Rain changing to thundershowers is forecast for later in the day. A flood/flash flood warning has been issued for the Dallas area with heavy rain expected overnight. GO DAWGS!

El Paso will see temperatures in the mid 40s. Winds are forecast to be 10-12 mph during the game. Rain is possible by the second half of the game. The rain is expected to turn to snow late in the evening. A winter storm warning has been issued for the area surrounding El Paso. GO COUGS!

Re: WSU football - 12/26/15 02:41 PM

Coogs have looked pretty good, but are trying to Coog it now right at the end in the midst of a west Texas blizzard! Snowing like a MF'r!

Dawgs are rollling.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: WSU football - 12/26/15 02:42 PM

Now Miami is trying their best to Coog it themselves...looks like they just did.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: WSU football - 12/26/15 07:08 PM

Now Miami is trying their best to Coog it themselves...looks like they just did.

Fish on...

Todd

Sorry Miami really is an undisciplined team kinda like the old Miami in the early 90s. I know you all were pulling against the Cougs. Good job by the defense and the defensive coaches. Good thing Leach decided to run it at the end. Miami football isn't like it used to be. Was just down in Miami a couple of weeks ago for a cruise.

Re: WSU football - 12/26/15 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Had a bunch of my coogs over today to watch both games. Great wins in each, though miami did coog it not once, but twice ... the penalty on the td was about as dumb as could get ... until that special throw to what was a wide open receiver for a tie rofl

great day was had.

So you're like a slave owner ?
I've heard that they can make pretty good cheese.

Re: WSU football - 12/27/15 12:35 AM

Well the Cougs finished 9-4 after losing to Portland State. Cougs and Huskies should both do good next season as both teams are young.

Re: WSU football - 12/27/15 12:07 PM

Looked like Luke took another big hit early in the game. He didn't look that sharp but he powered through it.

Re: WSU football - 12/28/15 06:35 PM

rofl

Re: WSU football - 12/29/15 08:54 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...ollege-football

Re: WSU football - 12/30/15 08:36 PM

LaConfora was saying today on the radio he thinks the Fins owner Ross would be crazy enough to hire him.

Re: WSU football - 12/31/15 09:55 AM

Uhhmmm this is the WSU football post!

Meanwhile WSU just extended contracts to DC Alex Grinch who coached with Chippy at New Hampshire before coming out west. Also extended a contract to DL coach and great recruiter Joe Salave'a. Big Joe keeps on recruiting Polynesians to Pullman. WSU extends contracts for Alex Grinch, J...6; - 2 days ago

It will be interesting to see how Oklahoma's Air Raid fares tonight against Clemson! Oklahoma returned to the Air Raid this year and it is paying off. Leach used to be OC at Oklahoma.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: WSU football - 12/31/15 11:31 AM

Uhhmmm this is the WSU football post!

Damn Coog now thinks he's a Mod! You tell 'em, Steelheadman! I got yer back! smile

Go Dawgs!

Re: WSU football - 12/31/15 11:25 PM

Just trying to stay on topic, I'm thinking Ted Cruz might be closing the gap for the republican nominee.

Re: WSU football - 01/01/16 10:41 AM

Okie got blown by Clemson. Bama rolled the Sparties! A lot of college football on now. Hardbaugh Michigan playing the Gators.

Re: WSU football - 01/01/16 03:36 PM

rofl

Re: WSU football - 01/04/16 08:58 PM

Stupid CBS and the El Paso Times reporters.

Re: WSU football - 01/19/16 12:37 PM

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-c...ransfer-to-wsu/
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-c...nder-influence/

Re: WSU football - 01/19/16 09:23 PM

New inside receivers coach

Recruiting update

Re: WSU football - 01/24/16 01:38 AM

College all star games on today. East West Shrine Bowl and NFLPA game with Destiny Vaeao stripping the ball on Wilson.

Re: WSU football - 01/24/16 04:36 PM

I finally got around to checking out your links. Thanks. Any luck on winter steel?

Re: WSU football - 01/24/16 04:46 PM

I finally got around to checking out your links. Thanks. Any luck on winter steel?

ROFLMFAO!

FIsh on...

Todd

Re: WSU football - 01/24/16 05:06 PM

Good to know I cheered you up. smile

Re: WSU football - 01/24/16 05:10 PM

I've been working seven days a week. Did I post something that rubbed you wrong?

Re: WSU football - 01/24/16 07:25 PM

It's all good.

Re: WSU football - 01/25/16 07:16 PM

Right on. I'll try and stay on topic, but I'm wired a little fishy. grin

Re: WSU football - 01/25/16 07:33 PM

Any idea why Matthew M. is a coach Leach fan? Guessing it goes back to the Texas Tech years.

Re: WSU football - 01/25/16 10:06 PM

Any idea why Matthew M. is a coach Leach fan? Guessing it goes back to the Texas Tech years.

Have no clue. Matt M is a Texas alum.

Re: WSU football - 01/25/16 10:47 PM

Keystone pipeline... Follow the booze, grasshopper.

How do you think Mike Price found his way to El Paso?

Re: WSU football - 03/31/16 09:18 PM

WSU Palouse Posse 1994 ranked second best Pac 12 defense ever in a list of the top 25 NCAA defenses ever by SB Nation. Ranked behind the 78 Trojans and above Arizona's 92 desert swarm. No love for the 91 steroid boyz from Muttlake. Top 25 NCAA Football Defenses of All Time

Re: WSU football - 04/01/16 05:09 AM

They're all going to drop one spot after the 2016 Huskies defense laugh

Re: WSU football - 04/01/16 07:50 AM

Palouse Posse

lol

From the 8-4 Coogers that lost to OSU 21-3 ?

Yeah - how could the defense on a team that went 12-0 compare to that?

Re: WSU football - 04/02/16 10:36 AM

WSU vs Oregon 94 highlights
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLr03GQ3...BRSSJIR-lWOORsw[/video]

WSU vs Washington 94 [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUnlxQoKNDQ[/video]

Some great players in these videos.

Re: WSU football - 04/02/16 12:12 PM

1994?

Sheesh. You're as bad as a Ninersfan reliving the glory years.

Ronnie Lott was a friggin terror in that number one ranked USC defense and for the Niners.

Re: WSU football - 11/05/16 09:48 PM

Anyone need to dump Apple Cup tickets?

Re: WSU football - 11/07/16 02:58 PM

That goddam Falk throws a tight ball.
Browning's long pass rainbows are going to get jumped on against better secondaries. A little less hang time would be good.

Hmmm....who the fuk is Oregon's quaterback now ?
Some freshman kid, I think.

Gawddammit

Re: WSU football - 11/07/16 03:10 PM

Unfortunately Falk spends a lot of time laying on the ground in a tight ball after getting the shitbeatout of him...and that's against the Pac12's crappy defenses.

If the WSU line doesn't learn to pass block in the next few weeks he will get sacked ten times against the Huskies.

It's called "touch", not "rainbows"...he can zing it in there fine when need be, no need be when Ross is fifteen feet past the deepest defender wink

Fish on...

Todd

Re: WSU football - 11/07/16 07:35 PM

It's called "touch", not "rainbows"...he can zing it in there fine when need be, no need be when Ross is fifteen feet past the deepest defender wink

Fish on...

Todd

LOL

I saw rainbows....the receiver had to come back for them.
They were lauched like spuds out of a spudgun.
The DB was busy watching the unicorn.
A better defense that doesn't watch the unicorn could defend passes like that.

Re: WSU football - 11/07/16 10:21 PM

He has a bit of a noodle arm because he's a true Soph. He'll get there.

Re: WSU football - 11/08/16 05:42 AM

He is quite the QB, no doubt.
Just needs to flatten out the arc on those long balls.

Would enjoy seeing him make a long day for Saban.

Re: WSU football - 11/09/16 01:09 PM

Oooooppppssss, wrong thread

Re: WSU football - 11/09/16 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: NOFISH

The worse COOGed in America history.

Re: WSU football - 11/09/16 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: NOFISH