The Official Superb Owl 50 thread

Posted by: NickD90

The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 07:07 PM

The Official Superb Owl 50 thread. It had to be done. grin

Post all yer' thoughts, predictions, smack and various other drivel right here.

Also, shall we play a game? Good, I thought so.

Post your winner and score prediction and the closet to winning the mark AND picks the winner, get's a small Cabela's gift cert from yours truly. As game keeper, it is verboten for me to actually play. This is free to play. Also, be certain to pick your tie breaker...which is...who will be the last to score?

Submit your pick as shown below:

Winner: Pants
Score: 31-17
L.T.S: Broncos

Let the games begin...
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 07:14 PM

Winner:Denver
Score:35-14
L.T.S: Denver

Von is going to have a hay-day with Cam....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 07:38 PM

Great pick Evo! You need to pick your tie breaker.

ALSO A NOTE FOR EVERYONE PLAYING: Please follow the instructions and put your pick in the format I provided. I don't have the time to decipher picks, but I will compile them if they are correctly formatted. I will be managing this in excel and will post the spreadsheet after the game. Thanks,

PS: I've decided that the winner will get a $20 Cabela's gift cert. I already have to go to Cabela's to manage Twatty's CFB prize.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 07:41 PM

i dont know how to do that, i dont do this usually, and noone on here ever lets me participate....

wtf is L.T.S.

Posted by: Dan S.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Evo
35-14 Denver...

Von is going to have a hay-day with Cam....

lol

Yer dumb.
Posted by: No Warranty

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 08:07 PM

Winner: Panthers
Score: 17-12
LTS: Carolina
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 08:33 PM

wtf is L.T.S.

read Nick's post again, it's right there.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: No Warranty

Yes - like this! It just makes it easier for to me to compile. Thank you.

And Evo...you can play. Everyone that wants to play can play. Even Paker.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 09:25 PM

Winner: Broncos
Score: 21-20
LTS: Broncos
Posted by: Brewer

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/25/16 10:58 PM

Carolina 47
Donks 20
Lts carolina
Posted by: Waterboy

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 06:41 AM

Score: 23 to 21
LTS: Panthers
Posted by: CedarR

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 10:20 AM

Score: 24-16
L.T.S. Panthers
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 10:35 AM

Good on you Nick... I hope the Bronco's win this one

Winner: Bronco's
Score: 17-13
LTS: Bronco's

Posted by: Todd

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 11:42 AM

Rooting for the Donkeys...but...

Score: 37-17

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 11:43 AM

Same, Rooting for Denver but think the Panthers are on a roll and wont be stopped.

Winner Panthers
Score 42-13
Posted by: chrome/22

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 11:46 AM

Carolina 34
Denver 13

LTS Denver

c/22
Posted by: Dub

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 06:42 PM

Winner Calorina
24-17
Lts Denver

Just like the rest, rootin for Peyton.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 07:29 PM

Panthers 31-17

LTS - Panthers

I don't think the Denver can slow down Cam. He seems to be firing on all cylinders.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

I don't think the Denver can slow down Cam. He seems to be firing on all cylinders.

The Vonster disagrees with you Dan.....(click me)

A lot of folks are keying on the Pants O against the Donk D - which is the natural storyline. IMO - the game MAY BE won or lost based on the Donks O going against the Pants D. I think this will be the Sheriff's last game win or lose, so you can bet the farm that the entire Donks org is taking this VERY seriously (think Elway's sending off in 97 & 98). In a funny kind of way, this SB is the exact opposite from 2013. 2013 saw Denver have the #1 O get curbed stomped by the Hawks #1 D. With this SB, its the exact opposite and Denver now has the #1 D. Just something to think about - should be a fun game. thumbs

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 08:26 PM

Well, that would be the case if the Panthers had a weak defense like Denver had when they faced Seattle in the SB.

But they don't.

I'm not sure Denver's D is better than Carolina's is. Carolina buttfucked Seattle and Arizona, and Cam is about 4 times the threat that Peyton is.

Do these tards really think Carolina's D is the equivalent of Denver's D a couple years ago? lol Fu.ck if they are.

This is NOT a Denver D vs. Carolina O match. This is a good D vs a good D, and a decent O against a superior O.

Sorry Nick, but I don't see this coming out your way. Cam isn't the slow-ass pond water that Brady is, and Von is as good as it gets, but Cam is on fire and looks hard to stop. He racked up 31 first-half points against Seattle's D, and Seattle's D is better than Denver's is.

You should probably start drinking now.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 09:09 PM

This is a toss up for me, instinct says Charlotte but it is really hard to rule out Colorado's D. I will wait a few before I pick.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 09:09 PM

number 1 defenses are 9-2 in the SB....

plus they have Peyton....

Miller worked Bradys OL hard, dont think he wont do the same to sCam....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 09:14 PM

I mostly agree with you except the part about the Seattle D being better than the Denver D (it's a hard pill to swallow I know, but this year...they are not. See facts). I do agree that it's D v. D and the O settles it in Carolina's favor. If I had a gun to my head and was forced to take it straight up...I'd go Carolina. But at the same time, the best D has won 9-2 in the last SB's - so anything can happen.

Ponder this. 2 years ago, ya'll insisted that the Seahawk D was going to destroy the #1 O in Denver. That's exactly happened and everyone crowed "defense wins championships". What's happened since then may I ask? Don't say Cam Newton. Denver scored 606 pts in 2013 which is WAY MORE than Carolina this year @ 500 pts. That's 106 pts or 6.625 pts / game difference. 606 is the most all time points scored in a season. Ever. Don't say "well it was the 2013 Hawks D that was superior". Denver has the same or better D stats wise THIS year than the 2013 Hawks (and definitely the 2015 version). IMO - It's same...same more or less.

So we are back to "d wins the ship", which is what I'm banking on. I totally respect Pants picks though if that's what you feel going into it. It's going to be tough - no doubt.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 09:28 PM

I'm just trying to prepare you for the meltdown after the game.

Denver's D is NOT better than Seattle's, and is barely better than Carolina's...........and Carolina's offense is on fire. They destroyed Seattle and Arizona, and nether of those teams are slouches.

I'll put 20 on Carolina, and I have a strange ability to kill a team's chances by betting on them. Take the gift I'm offering you, and risk 20 to all but assure a Denver SB win, Nick. You can thank me later.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 09:36 PM

I now hate, with passion, the Carolina Panthers and Cam Newton. I hope they lose. If they don't that's Ok, a DickN90 meltdown like we saw a couple year ago will more than make up for it.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/26/16 10:30 PM

Denver's D is NOT better than Seattle's, and is barely better than Carolina's...........and Carolina's offense is on fire. They destroyed Seattle and Arizona, and nether of those teams are slouches.

I'll put 20 on Carolina, and I have a strange ability to kill a team's chances by betting on them. Take the gift I'm offering you, and risk 20 to all but assure a Denver SB win, Nick. You can thank me later.

I'll take your bet.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 05:31 AM

I threw down on the Panties.

Now those Donks are are saying, We gonna win this for "Mr. 18"
Then Dan throws down on the Panties.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 06:16 AM

All fair and good points....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: dwatkins

I'll take your bet.

Piss off, pondcrapper.
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 11:04 AM

What the heck. I'll just go with what I'd like to see happen:

Winnah: Broncos
Score: 24-21

Like most, my gut says Carolina wins, but my superstitious side says after the explosion of huge defensive plays Carolina has enjoyed in the past two games [(keep in mind that a Luke Kuechly (sp?) pick six ended up being the reason the Pants escaped the Divisional round, and multiple early turnovers put the Cardinals in a huge hole)], they must be due for their good fortune to run out. Granted, those plays speak to the strength of the Carolina defense, but those things tend to come in bunches, followed by droughts.

All the talk has been about Cam, but I think he's surrounded by some great playmakers, and that's why they made it to the big one this year. If both teams play to their potential, I think Carolina eeks it out, but I'm thinking they may be due for a sub-par performance, hence the pick.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 11:16 AM

I'll take your bet.

Piss off, pondcrapper.

figured.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 12:19 PM

they way i see it is this...

Cam gets flusterd easy, did you see the looks on his face in the 3rd and 4th quarter of our game?

Cam has never been to the SB...

their offense didnt score a point after the 2nd quarter in our game, yet we scored how many?

Peyton has been here before, he knows the ropes...

Von is a freak..

Ware is a freak..

Wolfe is a freak..

as stated previously, the number 1 defense is 9-2 in the SB, that team just so happens to have Peyton Manning this year as their O boat captain....

this also could be Peytons last game, and very well could be one of his best....

this will be a hell of a SB, but i think defense and experience trumps rockets, high scoring, and no exp.....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 01:33 PM

I'll take your bet.

Piss off, pondcrapper.

figured.

Figured what? That you could get 20 bucks out of me like your mom does?

Go fu.ck yourself.
Posted by: GutZ

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 01:57 PM

W:Carolina
S: 42 - 10

This will be Peyton's last game. I hope you paid to get your add on early. This will be over before halftime.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 04:53 PM

Looks like some HGH was sent to Manning's home.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nfl-investigating-hgh-allegations-involving-peyton-manning-610216003665

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 04:55 PM

old news, Al Jazeera is the one that reported it, then, shortly after they cough fvcked the pooch, cough, they closed their US offices....

it was sent to his wife....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: NickD90
I mostly agree with you except the part about the Seattle D being better than the Denver D (it's a hard pill to swallow I know, but this year...they are not. See facts). I do agree that it's D v. D and the O settles it in Carolina's favor. If I had a gun to my head and was forced to take it straight up...I'd go Carolina. But at the same time, the best D has won 9-2 in the last SB's - so anything can happen.

Ponder this. 2 years ago, ya'll insisted that the Seahawk D was going to destroy the #1 O in Denver. That's exactly happened and everyone crowed "defense wins championships". What's happened since then may I ask? Don't say Cam Newton. Denver scored 606 pts in 2013 which is WAY MORE than Carolina this year @ 500 pts. That's 106 pts or 6.625 pts / game difference. 606 is the most all time points scored in a season. Ever. Don't say "well it was the 2013 Hawks D that was superior". Denver has the same or better D stats wise THIS year than the 2013 Hawks (and definitely the 2015 version). IMO - It's same...same more or less.

So we are back to "d wins the ship", which is what I'm banking on. I totally respect Pants picks though if that's what you feel going into it. It's going to be tough - no doubt.

Nick,

Think about this:

Carolina has 80 points in the last 2 playoff games against team who "supposedly" also had good defenses....

not 18,27, or even 48.

end of story........

Cluck jumped ship from the dullfins and now has Cams nuts resting on his chin...TFF.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 04:58 PM

they almost lost to the Saints, almost lost to the Giants, DID lose to the Falcons, and none of those teams are as good as Denver....

40 ppg im 2 games all of a sudden makes them experienced? how many playoff games does Manning have? that was my point....

Brady and Co went 17-1 one year too....

then they lost to the Giants....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 05:02 PM

old news, Al Jazeera is the one that reported it, then, shortly after they cough fvcked the pooch, cough, they closed their US offices....

Peyton's arm is like a wet noodle, Panthers will dominate.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 06:21 PM

FYI - all picks must be made by no later than t-minus 24 hours from kickoff.

3:30 pm on 2/6 is the cutoff time & date. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 06:32 PM

no, stats honestly mean sh!t for Superbowl games....

either you win or you dont....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc

Nick,

Think about this:

Carolina has 80 points in the last 2 playoff games against team who "supposedly" also had good defenses....

not 18,27, or even 48.

end of story........

Cluck jumped ship from the dullfins and now has Cams nuts resting on his chin...TFF.

You dumb fuking homo. Unlike you and your sexual tendencies to russell wilson, my only interest in this game is the hundred I have on the winner.

Otherwise I wouldnt give two shiits less who is even playing.

slurp it up tinkle bell....don't waste a drop.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 07:42 PM

Peyton's arm is like a wet noodle, Panthers will dominate.

"Mr. 18" chucked a few nice ones in the last game.
Had more zip than I thought he would.

Mr. 18 also has a pretty good defense.
It will be interesting to see how the Carolina O-line holds up.

Might be a good game.
Hopin' that Cammy Cam-Cam and the Cammettes cover the spread, though.
Ridin' on my Welcome Wagon $75 gift from BetDSI here in Vegas.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 08:09 PM

FYI - all picks must be made by no later than t-minus 24 hours from kickoff.

3:30 pm on 2/6 is the cutoff time & date. NO EXCEPTIONS!

cool I can take my time.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 08:28 PM

Your mom always does.

That's what makes it worth 20 bucks.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 08:32 PM

lol just fuking stop already.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 08:36 PM

or take the bet, pussy.

50 bucks

broncs over pants

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 08:40 PM

Uh, no.

I was offering a bet to Nick to help him, and the Broncos, out.

I hope you get hit by a truck tomorrow, because you're a fuckin' douchenozzle.

See the difference?

Of course you don't because you're a dumb fuckin' donkey.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 08:45 PM

Uh, no.

See the difference?

keep pontificating about how great the panthers are, you did so well at the CFB picks.

rofl

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive

Hopin' that Cammy Cam-Cam and the Cammettes cover the spread, though.
Ridin' on my Welcome Wagon $75 gift from BetDSI here in Vegas.

That bet, while kinda a tough line, is probably safe. I have exactly ZERO expectations this go around. Minimal or zero expectations = minimal or zero disappointments.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 09:17 PM

Uh, no.

See the difference?

keep pontificating about how great the panthers are, you did so well at the CFB picks.

rofl

I wasn't pontificating about how great they are, you stupid motherfucker.

Did you cry like a little bitch enough for Nick to pay you to shut your cocksucker?

Ooooh - you won the cfb football pool. All that makes you is a pool-winning little cu.nt.

Why don't you find a BB to hang out where not everyone thinks you're a cock?
Posted by: Bent Metal

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/27/16 10:04 PM

I have exactly ZERO expectations this go around. Minimal or zero expectations = minimal or zero disappointments.

This is the polar opposite of Sol Duc = Sad Sac

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/29/16 07:01 PM

If by "capability" he meant Cam's ability to make 99.9% of the entire free world hate him, then Hitler strongly disagrees. Cam's has that capability in spades, but he's no Hitler.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/29/16 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
I just heard Heath Evans say on the NFL Network, "the world has never seen a QB with Cam Newton's capabilities".

That right there is some serious jock sniffing, boy.

And that makes you jealous because you love a good ol jock sniff.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/30/16 08:28 AM

Nice.

Idiot Grounds Crew paints both endzones for Broncos

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 01/30/16 10:10 AM

Oops.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 12:00 PM

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 01:09 PM

Not gonna try and predict anything..............I'm a Dongco's fan for one Sunday.............this coming sunday as I would like to see Pey,Pey sail off into the sunset a two time SB champion. That being said..........If the Dongco's pull it off it will be in a close one=fun superbowl to watch. My gut feeling is the Kitty cat's will win by a double digit number. Lol. The thought of that POS Cam getting a ring makes my stomach ache............Good luck,

SZ

PS, I'll be on a river chasin steel this sunday............Fuk the big dance when my team came up under achiever's.............Blahahaha. Go Donk's.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 07:31 PM

Atta boy! beer

Gettin' ready to make up a big batch of a home grown Colorado staple for the big game. True home made green chili, rellenos and tortillas for the masses. It doesn't get any more Donky than that! thumbs

Viva la BRONCOS esse!!!!!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 08:05 PM

You should take my bet before you watch the Donks get killed.

20 bones for a SB win is a worthwhile investment.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:39 PM

21-19
Broncs
last to score pants

if you need my address for shipping dan s has it.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:45 PM

We'll send you a bag of dicks.

Once you're done playing with them, you can give them to your mom.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:47 PM

whats my address then you dumfuck

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:47 PM

oh too scared to say
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:51 PM

Score: 27-20

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:52 PM

whats my address then you dumfuck

Who care where a cocksucker lives?

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:53 PM

yeah faggot you dont know where i live.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:55 PM

Nobody fuckin cares, assface. Fu.,ck you and you faggot pad.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:55 PM

Broncos sent safety, Marshawn's cousin, and practice squad member Ryan Murphy home because he got caught up in a prostitution sting. Murphy was a Seahawks draft pick out of Oregon State.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Broncos sent safety, Marshawn's cousin, and practice squad member Ryan Murphy home because he got caught up in a prostitution sting. Murphy was a Seahawks draft pick out of Oregon State.

They caught him pimping out twatty's mom, huh?

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 10:00 PM

rofl

Carolina 27

Denver 23

L.T.S. Denver

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/04/16 10:47 PM

Crazy thing. Called my moms to solicite some killer S.B. finger food recipe ideas. She's in Fort Collins, CO BTW. Anyway, she didn't have any super major S.B. plans on Sunday, so F' it...let's fly her out here to watch the big game together and hang for a week or so. $289.00 round trip. Deal.

Moms is coming into town biitches. She's a serious Broncos good luck charm. The Panthers are going down.

Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 05:29 AM

30 panther
17 Denver

lts denver
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 05:35 AM

The more I think about it, the more I think Pey Pey gets curb stomped again just like 2 years ago in the SB. I hope it is a game but the Panthers are so nasty and Pey Pey doesn't handle nasty well based on a lot of career history.

Panthers 35
Donks 17 (looks better on paper than it will look on game day)

But than again what do I know? I just a bandwagon fan since I've only been watching football since the early 1990s.

And I do want the Donks to win BTW.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 01:48 PM

Jeez Nick - you're going make your mom watch you melt down?

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 01:54 PM

Different strokes for different folks.

lol

She like watching you stick it in some dude's ass?

Neat story.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 02:55 PM

Nick, get your mom a profile here on PP so you and she can both post live updates as the game progresses!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 03:35 PM

Who do you think I learned the fine art of melting down from? Moms has been known to invent new 4 letter words during Donky games. I almost feel sorry for the poor bastards who thought it would be a good idea to invite us to their watch party. Almost.

SB bet spreadsheet should be up soon....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 03:53 PM

We have (19) players so far going for that fat $20 Cabela's GC. Hank is the only one who said they would pick but hasn't yet done so. Beezy - you need to pick a LTS tiebreaker.

The big board is still open until 3:30 pm tomorrow afternoon, so if you want to play - you need to make your pick by then. You can also change your prediction between now and then.

Please review and let me know if I missed your pick or want it changed...

The Superb Owl 50 Pick Em':

1 EVO
Winner:Denver
Score:35-14
L.T.S: Denver
Total Points Differential From Actual:

2 No Warranty

3 Stonefish
Winner: Broncos
Score: 21-20

4 Chuck S.
Winner: panthers
Score: 38 - 21
LTS: panthers

5 Brewer
Carolina 47
Donks 20
Lts carolina

6 Waterboy
Score: 23 to 21

7 CedarR
Score: 24-16
L.T.S. Panthers

8 Piper
Winner: Bronco's
Score: 17-13
LTS: Bronco's

9 Todd
Score: 37-17

10 Sky-Guy
Winner Panthers
Score 42-13

11 Chrome/22
Carolina 34
Denver 13
LTS Denver

12 Dub
Winner Carolina
24-17
Lts Denver

13 Dan S.
Winner Carolina
31-17
LTS - Panthers

13 FleaFlicker02
Winnah: Broncos
Score: 24-21

14 Gutz
W:Carolina
S: 42 - 10

15 dwatkins
21-19
Broncs
last to score pants

16 Steelheadman
Score: 27-20

17 Bent Metal
Carolina 27
Denver 23
L.T.S. Denver

18 Jerry Garcia
30 panther
17 Denver
lts denver

19 Beezy
35 Panthers
17 Broncos
LTS: ???
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 05:06 PM

Winner-Broncos
Score: 28-17

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 06:02 PM

Panthers 35
Donks 17
LTS Panthers

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 06:06 PM

Panthers 27
Donks 24

LTS Panthers

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 06:07 PM

I had a weird dream last night....
I was on the sidelines after a Donks practice.
I overheard one of the coaches saying, "I haven't seen Peyton throw the rock like that in 15 years !"

It's scarin' the bejezus out of me and my bank.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 08:30 PM

I want to be clear on how this is going to be played, so there are no disputes.

First, you have to pick the winner Son! If the team you picked loses, you are out and vice versa.

If you are in the winning team pool, we will then go onto your score prediction & total point differential from the actual team scores. I will take the difference from the actual individual team scores from both your Pants score prediction and Broncos score prediction and add them together. Whomever has the lowest combined / total score, wins.

Example:
Actual score = Pants 31 - Donks 24.

Dan predicted Pants 27 - Donks 24. Pants 31 (actual) - Pants 27 (Dan) = 4 pts.
Donks 24 (actual) - Donks 24 (Dan) = 0 pts. 4 + 0 = 4 total pts.

Beezy predicted Pants 35 - Donks 17. Pants 35 (Beezy) - Pants 31 (actual) = 4 pts.
Donks 24 (actual) - Donks 17 (Beezy) = 7 pts. 4 + 7 = 11 total pts.

Dan had the lower score and was closet to the pin, so he would win. So you have to pick the winner AND be closet to the actual game's final score.

In the event of a tie, which is virtually impossible, I will then defer to the LTS prediction to determine the final "winner". If there is still a tie after that, fvck you and the "winners" will each get the $20 prize because I'm a man and I'm 40.

Make sense? Cool....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/05/16 09:53 PM

Copy.

Excellent explanation.

I might do you a favor and bet on the Panthers so the Donks are sure to win.

I'd be Ok with you having a meltdown, but I think your mom deserves to see her team win.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/06/16 07:33 AM

rofl

I'll see what I can do to capture the moment. The Donks have been blown out in so many SB's that I might be starting to develop an immunity (but that's probably just wishful thinking).

I just want the game to be close and entertaining. I'm ok with losing as long as it's not 55 - 10, 43 - 8, 42 - 10 or 39 - 20. I had to look those scores up because of the blackouts. F'n hell that's an atrocious record. crazy

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/06/16 09:00 AM

rofl

I'll see what I can do to capture the moment. The Donks have been blown out in so many SB's that I might be starting to develop an immunity (but that's probably just wishful thinking).

I just want the game to be close and entertaining. I'm ok with losing as long as it's not 55 - 10, 43 - 8, 42 - 10 or 39 - 20. I had to look those scores up because of the blackouts. F'n hell that's an atrocious record. crazy

rofl
Posted by: screename55

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/06/16 08:26 PM

Freakin sausage fest board...

Broncs 27

Pants 24

Denver LTS

That's my dream, ok, back to the heterosexual boards....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/06/16 09:58 PM

rofl

Recent bets captured and booked - no further bets or changes. The game is locked. I'll update the spread sheet tomorrow am and post before the game.

GO BRONCOS!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 12:35 PM

Off to our SB party. beer

Good luck everyone and GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!! cowboy

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 01:53 PM

Nick - you have me down as Panthers 31-17.

I picked 27-24 Panthers, and no, it hasn't been edited.

If you need confirmation, look at your own post where you explain how the score will be tallied.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 03:07 PM

Dan,
You playing twice? wink
Number 13 above in Nick's list has a different score listed from your last post.
SF

Edit....never mind.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 04:18 PM

Man - I've got to get off the sauce. rofl

I looked back and saw the 31-17 prediction on page 1. Then I got sauced and forgot I even made that pick.

Jesus.

I guess I should probably go with the first pick, huh?

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 05:43 PM

#worsthalftimever

kept waiting for Nicks rainbow unicorn to fly outa the stage with sparkles coming out its butt!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 06:22 PM

Well I am liking it so far. Cam is looking human.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 06:28 PM

Both teams are playing pretty sloppy football.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 06:36 PM

It looks like skinny legs Payton Manning came back out after half time...

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:14 PM

Congrats Nick...

great game by bronco's defense!!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:21 PM

Denver's defense just shut Carolina down.

Watching Cam not even attempt to recover his own fumble late in the 4th showed a huge lack of heart. He should ask Russ to teach him how to be a leader.

Nice win Denver.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:22 PM

Well the best part is the last Super Bowl where the Hawks lost in tragic fashion is now a full cycle away and may start to feel like history.

Congrats Nick. The Pey Pey experiment finally paid off.

I feel kind of guilty for giving a [Bleeeeep!] about this game in the end. Good thing I listened and used my hands for something besides drinking.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:27 PM

told you Von was gonna T off...

Ware as well...

congrats Nick, defense wins championships....

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:29 PM

Von is an animal and deserves the MVP.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:33 PM

Superman got a huge dose of Kryptonite from the Denver D.
Great to see Manning win and Newton lose.
I hope Manning hangs it up and goes out as a champ.
SF

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:41 PM

Ware as well...

Oh.STFU!
Posted by: FASTWATER

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:48 PM

So there really is a god

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:49 PM

Congrats to the Donks.
That Cam Newt sack at the end of the 3rd quarter was as good as it gets.

And this is a special gift for Nick to enhance his celebratory antics tonight !

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:51 PM

Ware as well...

Oh.STFU!

To bad captain obvious couldn't predict a final score...

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 07:55 PM

that was the MOST boring puntfest SB I've ever yawned through!

commercials all sucked balls.

seriously coldplay for a halftime consideration....

congrats to the sheriff!
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 08:57 PM

Nick, I'm glad your guys won, it did my heart good to see s-man humbled.
Posted by: BGR

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 09:16 PM

Anybody else see the Cam Newton post-game interview? What a clown show. Maybe one of those 10 year old kids he gave a football to can teach him a lesson in sportsmanship cryriver

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 09:18 PM

Glad to see Peyton win another. He's put the time in and deserves it. The D really won it for Denver. Red Forehead just needed to not turn ball over and manage the offense, which is in his wheelhouse.

Didn't feel too bad for Superman, he'll have more playoff and probably another SB opportunity sooner than later....

Commercials sucked

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 09:36 PM

anyone else see Eli's face when he realized that Peyton won his 2nd and the rest of the family was celebrating?

looked pissed...

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 10:15 PM

No team with a cat name has ever won a SB

True.....

Lots of college teams with cat names, that have won plenty......oh, wait rofl The Coogs rofl

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Piper

Ware as well...

Oh.STFU!

No chit, Von just happens to be in the top 5 edge rushers. Way to go out on that branch Skate. We'll all be glad when you say "I told you I would get a job That would make the 5:00 news.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/07/16 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Piper

Ware as well...

Oh.STFU!

No chit, Von just happens to be in the top 5 edge rushers. Way to go out on that limb Skate. We'll all be glad when you say "I told you I would get a job That would make the 5:00 news.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 05:28 AM

Cam is a pouty bitch.
Let the torture begin.

smile
Posted by: Coho

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 08:22 AM

Newton--MVP-Most Vain Player
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 10:04 AM

If class is how one behaves when he loses, now I know that Cam is classless.

With no stake in the game, I feel good for Nick that the Broncos won. With strong defense as shown in this SB, it's like offense didn't even show up to play. Also kinda' sucks excitement right oughta' the game too.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
If class is how one behaves when he loses, now I know that Cam is classless.

speaking of class

Wilson's Tribute to Peyton

thumbs

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 12:57 PM

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo hung over. sick
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 01:27 PM

Congrats Nick!!!

So glad you guys punched Cam in the face for us!
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 01:43 PM

Congrats to the Broncos!

Character is measured when things don't go your way. I think both the Broncos and Seahawks showed that in spades after the last two SB's. The Panthers did not. I see them falling apart during their SB hangover year. I'm not sure how any defensive player on that team can look across the locker room and have any respect for Newton. He simply checked out on his team like a whiny little bitch!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 06:59 PM

Thanks for the congrats guys. I'm obviously very happy with the outcome and glad it was an actual game and not a blow out. It wasn't a very exciting game if you like offense. I ate too much and drank too much.

What the actual fvck was that "puppy monkey baby" thing?

And F' Cam Newton. Such a petulant little man-child. Stat of the game: ZERO dabs.

I'm also thankful for the Seahawks org and all you fans. They should show Wilson's Pey-Pey letter to Cam as an example of what class is. ALL Seahawks fans have been awesome this past week!

It looks like both Hank and Piper won the bet. Both were 10 pts off the total and picked the Broncos LTS. Good job guys. Send me your addy in a pm to receive your prizes.

Football is over now. Bummer.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 08:30 PM

I'm really glad the MVP went to Von. His effort really changed the game in Denver's favor.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 08:57 PM

Yo, Nick, give my Cabela's card to Piper. He's a good dad and he'll give his card and mine to his boys. They can pick up some Point Wilson darts or something.

Thanks for getting the contest going; you done good. thumbs

Also, the next time you run into any of the Donks D, tell 'em I said thanks for punking Camisole and turning him into their bitch.

Straight up classy Hank! you're all right, no matter what the midgets around here say wink

Nick, split the prize in two cards and each kid will get one... and dad will double it so they can buy something really good wink You'll be happy to know that they were rooting just as much for the bronco's as they do for the seahawks, pretty awesome!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 08:58 PM

Look at Hank class up the place.

Hey twatty - take a lesson.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 09:24 PM

Piper's dudes are well-deserving, that much is certain.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 10:21 PM

Stand up move for the Frankster beer

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 10:23 PM

I will take Nick fishing this spring to show my appreciation for his donations to all you clowns.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/08/16 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
I will take Nick fishing this spring to show my appreciation for his donations to all you clowns.

Fish on...

Todd

What? Evidently no good deed goes unpunished on the darkside. wink
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 09:21 AM

Good on ya' Hank.

And congrats again Nick. I'm so glad Cam got a taste of well executed football Defense. Made me smile. Again. And again. And congrats to Manning. Quite a career, to say the least.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 11:48 AM

Can we get back to ripping each other apart? grin

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 06:40 PM

This is turning into gaym fishin'. wink

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy
This is turning into gaym fishin'. wink

Fuk you, dipschit!

Go grab your spey rod, puffy jacket, and flat bill...........then go fall in river

Is that better? grin btw, nothing against spey rodders

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 07:35 PM

[quote=Jason Beezy]This is turning into gaym fishin'. wink[/quote

Doesn't get any lower than that. GFY.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 07:36 PM

The hoodie (or sometimes the towel) is his "bankie".
The questions sting just like that speed rush did.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 07:49 PM

What a fcking shitstain, you know damn well the President had a come to Jesus meeting with this f'n cry baby. This is just going to make Russell shine even more,if that's possible.Talk about losing a fan base in less than 1:00 min.

FCK SCAM. He aint no Russell Wilson.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 07:55 PM

P.S When he didn't try to get that fumble was my tipping point, could you even imagine RW not going for that fumble and he's a lot smaller. What a sissy lil beetch.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 08:10 PM

Pretty pathetic how he handled those interviews. When you play business ball, how you handle yourself in defeat is a representation of you, teammates, and organization. In other words your not being paid to be a whiny, sniveling, loser...even if it's in a losing effort in the SB. SCAM Newton...what a joke. I would have told reporters I was glad for Peyton and the Doncs, but now Peyton is gone and it's my turn to step up and represent the league as the best QB of my era and anybody who doubts that can f' off. He took the hood up, poor me, victim, approach

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 08:37 PM

I don't know how the great ones not act like that, probably because they're leaders. Just like the Military you never want your high ranking solders show any signs of weakness. Hell,I still haven't got over the 2005 screwing by the refs in the SB. beathead
Posted by: No Warranty

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 08:43 PM

I don't have a problem with Newton's post game interview. He was upset after a great year for him and his team. It was a big let down. It would be like interviewing Redbook after his new caddy catches fire and he's standing at the bus stop again.

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/09/16 10:26 PM

Red dick has a caddy that runs? confused

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/26/16 02:21 PM

What to let the board know that I sent Piper his (2) $20 gift cards for his boys from the SB50 bet and Hank's generous donation.

Thanks again for playing and GO DONKS - Superb Owl 50 Champions!!!!

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/27/16 02:00 PM

Hankster did good on that. still in the cellar though. wink

Re: The Official Superb Owl 50 thread - 02/28/16 08:34 PM

Thanks Nick, and thanks Hank!

the boys are pretty excited about the upcoming season