Drug testing....

Posted by: Sol Duc

Drug testing.... - 05/23/18 02:42 PM

Who thinks random drug testing for people who are on the public dole is a good idea ? I would entertain the idea,depending on the cost.
Posted by: larryb

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/23/18 02:51 PM

from what i have read every state that has drug tested welfare people have ended up spending more money test than they have saved by kicking people off the dole
Posted by: Todd

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/23/18 02:59 PM

What larry says is true...the several times they have tried it they have spent far more administering the tests than they saved by finding drugged up recipients...the number of drugged up recipients is miniscule, actually.

If we really wanted to save some money, though, we should drug test every single person in Washington who is in Congress or the Senate, or the White House.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/23/18 03:09 PM

You can save money by cutting all welfare payments to zero. You can save a few bucks by doing the same with politicians.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/23/18 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
What larry says is true...the several times they have tried it they have spent far more administering the tests than they saved by finding drugged up recipients...the number of drugged up recipients is miniscule, actually.

If we really wanted to save some money, though, we should drug test every single person in Washington who is in Congress or the Senate, or the White House.

Fish on...

Todd

I second the motion. BUT....I want it for all Politicians at all levels. If you want to represent the people, you gotta piss in a cup. Unfortunately, the rich Politicians are in the Peruvian Marching Powder Club which is out of your system in 3 - 4 days. It's the poor, fat dope smokers who get screwed over. So, we should make it daily for the People's Reps...just to be safe. thumbs

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/23/18 08:12 PM

When I first read your post I thought you were referring to "public employees" , as being on the "public dole" but then realized you were talking about the welfare people. I figure it would be a good idea to do annual and random drug tests for state and local government employees, but the unions would never stand for it and the administrations honestly would not want to find out what everybody is doing.

As far as the welfare folk being drug tested, its a double edged sword, I think it causes more trouble and money if you do it vs. if you don't.

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/23/18 10:49 PM

They should make all the politicians take Ayahuasca and get their heads out of their asses.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/24/18 09:05 AM

Who cares if someone is using drugs? I don't. What matters is a person's utility to society. Instead of testing welfare recipients for drug use, I'd a whole lot rather we have a plan for moving said recipients off of welfare and toward becoming contributing members of society. I've posted my suggestions before, but like my suggestions for treating the homelessness problem, it's harsh because of its "tough love" approach. I'm an advocate for giving people the tools to create their own success. That way society doesn't have to take care of so much dead weight, and a greater proportion of the population contributes to the general welfare of the nation and the world.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/24/18 10:35 AM

I will accept a $10,000,000 grant to form a non profit and study this concept.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/24/18 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: RICH G
I figure it would be a good idea to do annual and random drug tests for state and local government employees

How is that a good idea?

Fiscally?

You are sounding very liberal there in your spending habits, my friend.

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
I will accept a $10,000,000 grant to form a non profit and study this concept.

Get RichG on the Seattle City Council and I'm sure he'd get a tax voted in for you. It's what we do here in Seattle.

You two would fit right in here in Seattle. I'm sure you'd get plenty of votes.

Closet-Seattlites.

Super.
Posted by: Mingo

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/24/18 01:41 PM

Fish on...

Todd

rofl imagine the results. I'd add rigorous testing for mental illness as well, with a focus on megalomania, Oppositional Defiance Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I bet the NPD diagnosis alone would hover around 99%.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/24/18 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Mingo

Fish on...

Todd

rofl imagine the results. I'd add rigorous testing for mental illness as well, with a focus on megalomania, Oppositional Defiance Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I bet the NPD diagnosis alone would hover around 99%.

YIKES! Good thing I'm not a Politician.
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/26/18 08:37 AM

I would think at minimum that welfare recipients could pick up trash along the roads or work at the food bank? Some kind of accountability instead of sitting around waiting for the mail may begin to teach some work type habits.
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/26/18 09:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
it's harsh because of its "tough love" approach. I'm an advocate for giving people the tools to create their own success. That way society doesn't have to take care of so much dead weight, and a greater proportion of the population contributes to the general welfare of the nation and the world.

I am pretty sure this is the way God engineered our existence. If we had everything handed to us we would be a vile, wrecked, immoral people, always coming back to God for more help and constantly tearing down whatever joy sprouted among the chaos.

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/26/18 09:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz

I am pretty sure this is the way God engineered our existence.

Ok Jason G.

The Dark Side, Home of the conspiracy theory zealots.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/26/18 11:31 AM

"If they make the able-bodied do any kind of work for their sustenance it's unfair and probably racist."

Life ain't fair, and people are racist. Now what?
Posted by: GoldDigger

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/26/18 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Life ain't fair, and people are racist. Now what?

The most honest post I've ever seen on the Darkside...

If the rest of the population could understand this, there would be a lot more productivity and a whole lot less whining going on in the country.

It simply ..IS...people should just accept it and move on.
Posted by: LocalTalent

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/27/18 09:32 PM

I bet a lot of EBT recipients would love to test drugs.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Drug testing.... - 05/28/18 07:02 AM

Somebody, back in my youth so it could have been Moses, said something like "An unfortunate fact of is life is that there are winners and there are losers."

Life doesn't give participation trophies.