Music in Seattle

Posted by: Anonymous

Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 01:08 PM

Feel free to add your own,there's no shortage of it. This place could use some sprucing up.

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 01:16 PM

Posted by: NickD90

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 01:39 PM

Nude Dragons version of Beyond the Wheel. They sound a lot like Sound Garden

wink

Here's one that will be sure to get Todd singing along.

Woman woman. She out her mind and simply out of soul

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 01:45 PM

Want to feel old? Kurt Cobain would have been 52 just a few days ago.

FML. I want to find the prick who hit the fast forward button on my life and punch him in the nuts. Twice.
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 02:59 PM

You can extend your life by going sober. It makes the days so long you will want a drink. Thats how it works for me anyway.

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezuz
You can extend your life by going sober. It makes the days so long you will want a drink. Thats how it works for me anyway.

Check. 2+ years and counting. Never going back. Only moving forward. thumbs
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 04:14 PM

Good for you Nick. Im not preaching or bragging but Im 2 off the sauce as well.
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 04:22 PM

Agreed. Sh!ts fuking boring lol.

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 09:32 PM

Sober 23 and a half years . I'm still crazy and immature moon

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 10:48 PM

Ok back on track...

http://vimeo.com/109988488

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/25/19 11:42 PM

Good for you Nick. Im not preaching or bragging but Im 2 off the sauce as well.

Awesome and good for you too Beez! Keep it up and keep going strong. Being sober has been fantastic for me and I don't miss a thing. I was definitely one of those "I'm bored" drinkers. Nothing to do right now, might as well get smashed!

Vapid - 23 years is outstanding!!!! That's definitely a major milestone and a mark I aspire too. thumbs

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 08:57 AM

Thank you. I really had no alternative it was either quit getting loaded or I was gonna die before the age of 25. My life is very blessed now,I have been able to travel the world,live out a dream,rebuild my relationships to my family,and most of all I have a sense of myself where I had none. It hasn't been rosy all the time,if it was easy,people would just stop drinking when things get bad.
I mean look at all the musicians from the northwest who are dead. Layne Staley,Andrew Wood,Mike Starr,Kurt Cobain,Chris Cornell, it's tragic ,and I wish it was different. Some are lucky,some not so much. I know Frank just likes to call me a crackhead but he supports Donald Trump so I take it with a grain of salt. smirk
Bottom line is we are all here just trying to do the best we can with what we have to work with. For some people it's nothing. The Chris Cornell thing hit me hard. What a loss.
Posted by: SpoonFed

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 10:04 AM

The loss of Cornell hit Me very hard as well, and then shortly after we lost Chester too. Depression is a motherfucker, it's sad to see such great musicians fall of the deep end because of it. Layne, Kurt and Chris could actually help you feel their pain and struggles through their music, in return have also helped me get through some of the roughest times in my life. Imagine where they would be today if they could have got the help needed. Congratulations vapid it takes a very strong minded person to stay on track for that long. Stay up my dude.

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 10:42 AM

In 2016 I was suicidal every day for over a year. I talked about it ,didn't keep it a secret,and sought help for it. I am lucky to have a great support group around me. I deal with issues that I must work hard every day to overcome. One day I had a complete breakdown and since that day I haven't been suicidal. I get agoraphobic at times and struggle to do things by myself. PTSD is real,I can't imagine what our soldiers go through,especially my grandfathers' generation after world war 2. Those guys didn't talk much about it and it saddens me. I know this isn't in keeping with my normal "Vapid" persona here on the DS. If anyone reads this you are never alone no matter what you feel. Reach out to someone. Life can be really really good. It can also be really fkn hard. I'm gonna go have lunch with my momma. Later.
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 05:43 PM

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 05:44 PM

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 05:45 PM

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 05:46 PM

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 05:47 PM

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 05:49 PM

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 05:52 PM

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 07:49 PM

Superfuzz Bigmuff...
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 07:50 PM

Great stuff.

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 08:36 PM

God I miss the early 90's music scene, there were good shows everywhere, KISW played good music, lots of good times!

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/26/19 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4brains
God I miss the early 90's music scene, there were good shows everywhere, KISW played good music, lots of good times!

word

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 07:12 AM

https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/foo-fighters-pearl-jam-melvins-new-supergroup/
Posted by: Todd

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 08:24 AM

I went to undergrad at Western up in Bellingham, and in 1992 Mudhoney went on a little local tour to celebrate getting signed by Reprise...and out of the blue Nirvana showed up and opened for them.

This was in the school gym, and Nirvana played for a couple of hours, it was pretty awesome to see both of them at that time in their careers.

Apparently Cobain had an 11 year old cousin in Bellingham, and he was one of the two little kids that came up on stage when Nirvana was done, Cobain handed one kid his guitar and Novaselic gave his bass to the other one...they beat on the guitars for a bit, and then the kid with the bass swung it over his head and smashed it on the stage before the roadies could stop him.

Outside of the very first Lollapalooza, that was the biggest mosh pit I have ever been in.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 10:22 AM

Are you talking about the Mosh pit @ Lollapalooza in Enumclaw? I was there and it was insane. Mud ankle deep with 1000's of people flailing in every direction. what a blast! man that show had a great lineup.

One great seattle band I dont hear people speak of much was Sweet Water. They played incredible shows at pain in the grass and at the Paramount.

one of their best tunes...

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 11:03 AM

I thought Sweet Water would be huge rock stars and maybe Seattle's biggest band. Head Down and Everything Will be All Right are really good songs.

Couldn't keep the car on the road though, I guess.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 11:46 AM

Yes, the show in Enumclaw.

Fishbone, Ice-T and Body Count, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Violent Femmes, Jane's Addiction... pouring down rain and mud up to your shins.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy

One great seattle band I dont hear people speak of much was Sweet Water. They played incredible shows at pain in the grass and at the Paramount.

one of their best tunes...

Nice!

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 07:26 PM

I went to the Chicago Lala in '94 or at least I think I did. Smashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys, George Clinton, The Breeders, A Tribe Called Quest, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, L7, The Boredoms. The Beastie's and Tribe were unreal.

I was supposed to go to Woodstock '94 and had my tix in-hand, but I ran into a bit of trouble back in Michigan and sold my tix to my roomies. I'm still pissed about it.

I also got to see KISS on stage for VERY first night since '79 with all the original members. June 28th 1996 at the old Tiger Stadium. AIC opened. It was pretty frickin' epic. Got my tix stub right here in front of me.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 07:42 PM

A bit more dated then your stories Nick, but I worked security at a bunch of major concerts in Seattle from 78 to about 86.
I saw some crazy [Bleeeeep!] go down up fron between the barrier wall and the stage. Lots of tits, drugs etc.
Even got to go to Harborview for a tetanus shot after some crazy bitch chewed on my arm trying to get up on the stage.
SF

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 08:58 PM

Lollapalooza 92 Ministry,Ice Cube,Soundgarden,Pearl Jam,and RHCP. Jesus and Mary chain too but who gives a fukk.

Re: Music in Seattle - 02/27/19 09:00 PM

Another great show I saw back in 91 I think it was,Motorhead,Metal Church,Judas Priest and Alice Cooper. I wasn't all that excited about Alice until 5 minutes into his set,he stole the show. I remember motorhead was LOUD.