Poor Todd

Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Poor Todd - 07/08/20 09:51 AM

Corona ain't no joke.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Corona ain't no joke.
That's not funny dude. I thought he drank IPAs?
Posted by: Streamer

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 10:54 AM

Todd used to have pride in drinking Kokanees and Busch Lites... he graduated up slightly and it sounds like he now drinks Raniers when slumming it with cheap beerz.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 11:35 AM

Todd will drink just about any cheap beer that's available. Rainers are generally the order of the day if he is party to the purchase. He'll upgrade to Bodhi's if'n he's feeling like Mr. Haughty Bougie Fancy Pants....or if others are buying. Most often the later, not the former.

On a related note, beers consumed directly correlates to his volume control settings. 1 beer = 1 volume. 11 beers = 11 volumes. And yes, his volume control goes to 11.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 12:17 PM

I know...pard and I were next door at the Olympic Suites years ago, had to have been him. beathead
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 12:26 PM

Corona ain't no joke.

Man down?

Originally Posted By: NickD90
He'll upgrade to Bodhi's if'n he's feeling like Mr. Haughty Bougie Fancy Pants....or actually enjoys the taste of beer.

Speaking of Rainier, my good buddy owns the Burke Gilman Brewing Company up in my neck of the woods. Their brewer befriended one of the original Brew Masters of Rainier....got to talking.....and the old gentleman gave them the original recipe for Rainier. Not the horse piss crap that Rainier is today. The real stuff. Original Recipe from the past. Drinkable. Flavor. Downright good.

If Rainier tasted like that today, I'd be a HUGE Rainier fan!

They have it on tap now and are calling it: Vitamin R.

If you're in the UW area near Children's Hospital, I would highly recommend you swing by for a beer.

I'd say toss my name out...but that would probably get you kicked out of the place.

Oh, and if you do go in, please take a long time to admire the pallet boards on the wall. That was me. Every last single fvcking one of those mother-fvckers.
Posted by: Illahee

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 12:44 PM

CorneliusDunghamer the Darkside's very own Tucker Carlson.
Posted by: DCC

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: elparquito
Corona ain't no joke.

Man down?

He'll upgrade to Bodhi's if'n he's feeling like Mr. Haughty Bougie Fancy Pants....or actually enjoys the taste of beer.

Speaking of Rainier, my good buddy owns the Burke Gilman Brewing Company up in my neck of the woods. Their brewer befriended one of the original Brew Masters of Rainier....got to talking.....and the old gentleman gave them the original recipe for Rainier. Not the horse piss crap that Rainier is today. The real stuff. Original Recipe from the past. Drinkable. Flavor. Downright good.

If you're in the UW area near Children's Hospital, I would highly recommend you swing by for a beer.

I'd say toss my name out...but that would probably get you kicked out of the place.

Oh, and if you do go in, please take a long time to admire the pallet boards on the wall. That was me. Every last single fvcking one of those mother-fvckers.

Paker just went full evo.

Very dangerous.

Very.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 02:47 PM

He did didn't he? ROFL.

I have the original small batch recipe for the original Fat Tire - which was WAY WAY better than the crap they mass brew today. I know people who know people. I'm important!

rofl

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 03:01 PM

I drink beer, I like it cold and served by large breasted blonde haired bar maids.

I'm more of a breast snob than a beer snob.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 05:06 PM

He did didn't he? ROFL.

I have the original small batch recipe for the original Fat Tire - which was WAY WAY better than the crap they mass brew today. I know people who know people. I'm important!

rofl

A buddy of mine tended bar at the Red Door in Fremont for a period of time. Every time someone asked for a Flat Tire ale, he'd tell them to fvck off.

He's a big, menacing Sicilian, so they would usually just go away instead of figuring it out.

It's FAT Tire, asshole.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 05:07 PM

Fat Tire????

rofl

I’d burn that recipe.

Fat Tire.....

aka Estrogen Ale.

rofl

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 05:07 PM

Rainier was never good beer.

Let's be honest.

It's decent pilsner, which is barely beer.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 05:43 PM

Fat Tire????

rofl

I’d burn that recipe.

Fat Tire.....

aka Estrogen Ale.

rofl

Well - you probably never had the original. What's being sold today is nowhere near what it used to be in the early 90's. The original was a damn good beer that was ruined from popularity and upscaling the brewing process to meet demand. It sucks ass now and has since about 1995, so I don't blame you for the hate.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 06:10 PM

Toff told me it was cool to drink Busch tall boys, so that's what I'm usually drinking.

It seems to be working.
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 06:28 PM

I think keystone light is just bud light in dinged up cans. Same with Busch etc

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 06:31 PM

Well - you probably never had the original.

No. Of course not. The brewer of the Burke-Gilman Brewing company didn't talk to *that* brewer. smile

I've never been a fan of malty beers. Ever.

Yuck.

You all should have a beer at the brewery if you're in the area. They do make good beers....most of the time. The lineup is always changing.

Not a fan of what the kids are drinking these days.

The White Claw [Bleeeeep!] and hazy style IPA's.

I want my IPA to punch me in the face with hops.

God damn snowflakes.......

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 06:46 PM

Green Death was popular at OSU in the early 70's, so was MD 20/20.
Pick your poison.
Posted by: DBS

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 06:49 PM

My local fave is Manny's. Not too hoppy and not too much hammer time. I like to be conscious when getting a buzz on.

On a hot summer day if I'm gonna drink a few (a lot) it's Coors Banquet, baby. Better than that busch light, Rainier, or keystone stuff.
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: DBS
My local fave is Manny's. Not too hoppy and not too much hammer time. I like to be conscious when getting a buzz on.

On a hot summer day if I'm gonna drink a few (a lot) it's Coors Banquet, baby. Better than that busch light, Rainier, or keystone stuff.

Haven’t thought of manny’s in years! That’s a goodn
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 07:31 PM

Just an FYI if you won’t aware.
Georgetown is canning Manny’s during all this [Bleeeeep!].
Next canning run is 7/15.
SF

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 08:10 PM

Yeah. I had a couple 6 packs of Manny's and it tasted just like it. Never thought they'd ever can it.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Poor Todd - 07/08/20 09:13 PM

Lay off the booze

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: ArvidBarker
Lay off the booze

That's why we drink Rainier.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

Let's be honest.

That's correct. It never was good beer. I started drinking it regularly in high school in the 60s, comparing it to Oly - now that was horse p!ss! - and occasionally Heidelburg, oh, and Blitz-Weinhard outa' Portland I think. Didn't often see it. There was seldom much else available in stores or bars around here then. It was a big deal for beer drinkers when those eastern beers showed up in the local market: Miller, Budweiser, and Coors. Yeah, Coors was eastern in those provincial times.

Dan is generous to call Rainier "decent." It's not nearly that good.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 08:57 AM

Toff told me it was cool to drink Busch tall boys, so that's what I'm usually drinking.

It seems to be working.

I doubt it. I bet you haven't grown a single inch since you started drinking "tall" boys.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

It seems to be working.

I doubt it. I bet you haven't grown a single inch since you started drinking "tall" boys.

Are they supposed to help with my lack of vertical prowess?

Maybe it hasn't been working. lol
Posted by: SpoonFed

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 09:33 AM

It seems to be working.

Ha! That's funny.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 09:48 AM

Vertically challenged is the new PC term Dan.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 09:49 AM

Beer makes all of you fatter.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 10:31 AM

Let's be honest.

That's correct. It never was good beer. I started drinking it regularly in high school in the 60s, comparing it to Oly - now that was horse p!ss! - .

How about Oly's stupid brother, Buckhorn beer? When we were barely old enough to drink and had no money, Buckhorn beer it was! Horrible stuff.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: CorneliusDunghamer
I pour you a beer. Enjoy.

This is world class kids. Note how this is done.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 11:57 AM

1. No corona
2. It was never Busch Lites, or Kokanee...ever.
3. It was Busch Beer for a while.
4. It's Rainier tall boys when I golf or fish
5. It's a bunch of different things when I am just having a beer, and as much as it pains me to say so, I found something in Eugene that I like, and it's most everything from Ninkasi Brewery.

Work and life are busy af lately...buying a new house, work is busy, and I really like enjoying my limited free time...going to catch a box full of stupid Brewster sockeye over the weekend, so there's that.

Carry on...

Todd

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 12:08 PM

Congrats on the house and busy work.

Rich predicted you got corona on a Tuesday.

Glad you didn't.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 12:09 PM

That feels about as accurate as the rest of Rich's prognostications.

And thanks, me, too.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 01:55 PM

Corona ain't no joke.

Man down?

I have a Sicks 1960 Rainier keg. Also an Oly keg. For sale on buy sell or trade.

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 02:42 PM

I don't drink bud or bud light but I do like this sign I talked a beer store out of.

Posted by: snit

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
...going to catch a box full of stupid Brewster sockeye over the weekend, so there's that.

Carry on...

Todd

They'll be around but the OK is running much cooler and higher than years past, and the fish are probably not kegging up due to a lack of a thermocline? If it were me, I'd concentrate closer to a structure to get "box full's" of the 3# critters. Less than 2hrs for boat limits the last several days here in Da Snatch. Total chit show though...

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 03:40 PM

Where are the invites? I'm just standing here with my wank in my hand. That's a normal state, but still...
Posted by: snit

Re: Poor Todd - 07/09/20 04:32 PM

Total spur of the moment deal Knick, like I was headed to town to make copies and I decided to hook up the boat to get fuel. While fueling I saw a buddy who said "let's go"..so we did and in 80 minutes we were done. Next day my kid called me after working out, and he wanted to go. Boat was still hooked up, so I grabbed him and his buddy and in 100 mins we were done. I'm not really keen on the CF, but it's fun to use my new toy!

Re: Poor Todd - 07/10/20 08:32 AM

Where are the invites? I'm just standing here with my wank in my hand. That's a normal state, but still...

Taking the girl over to show my dad how to use his new boat...I am loading him up with appropriate gear, and hopefully we'll do it again this year.

BroodBuster is there now smile

Fish on...

Todd