Your favorite way to make coffee

Posted by: Anonymous

Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 07:02 AM

My favorite coffee is to boil it on the stove in a pot and pour it through a strainer. Just throw the grains and water in a pot, get it to boiling and then simmer it for a bit.

My grandpa always made coffee that way, never owned a coffee pot.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 08:31 AM

206ers are more refined and in general, we prefer not to strain our coffee with a strainer or our teeth.

Two shots of Nespresso. I just use the Pete's stuff from Costco. Pump of vanilla. Whip and heat up your milk and add that to make your double shot vanilla latte.

If I was going to drink just coffee, I'd go back to using the AeroPress. That's the *only* way to make and drink the best cup of coffee you'll ever have.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 08:35 AM

I prefer to make my coffee naked.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: elparquito
206ers are more refined and in general, we prefer not to strain our coffee with a strainer or our teeth.

Two shots of Nespresso. I just use the Pete's stuff from Costco. Pump of vanilla. Whip and heat up your milk and add that to make your double shot vanilla latte.

If I was going to drink just coffee, I'd go back to using the AeroPress. That's the *only* way to make and drink the best cup of coffee you'll ever have.

DYKHIKYAG?
Posted by: Illahee

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 09:00 AM

Grind whole beans in a burr grinder.
French press, add boiling water stir, 10 minutes stir again, coffee.
This method works well anywhere you can boil water.
Just added a electric tea kettle so more heating up the kitchen in summer boiling water.

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 09:17 AM

If at home, 3 mounding scoops of high quality ground single origin in the el cheapo Mr. Coffee. Why make things difficult?

If backpacking, fishing, hunting, outdoors, it's Hula Girl Instant Kona. HG is the most amazing instant on the planet. Forget everything you know about instants. I'm seriously, seriously impressed - it's delicious and that does not compute. It literally tastes like freshly ground Kona. (3) 4 oz. bags are $30 - 40 on Amazon. (1) bag makes 30 cups. That's (90) cups for amazing coffee on the go. That's like 30 - 40 cents a cup. I should be compensated for this endorsement or something.
Posted by: DBS

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 09:19 AM

On a work day, ground whole beans in a regular old paper filter drip coffee maker so I can multi task.

On a day off, french press.

If i want something like espresso but actually drinkable, a little bit in a Bialetti Moka pot.
Posted by: DCC

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 10:24 AM

Aeropress makes possibly the best coffee, most likely that is because I only use it on adventures.

Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 10:34 AM

House Blend beans from Olympic Roasters. Ground for cone filter. Drip coffee pot. Makes good coffee and is pretty simple. I also have a small French press for when I just want to make a single mug of coffee. Works well also, but a little more clean up.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 10:35 AM

I prefer to grind whole bean African French roast from my local badass coffee joint. I have a boiling kettle and pour it over with the no 2 filters. Lots of cream. Perfect cup every time. Easy. Fast. And the people who own the coffee place I buy from are awesome people.
Posted by: ondarvr

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 10:55 AM

Quicky mart cheap stuff, black.

Its even better the next day when you leave it in the car and the sun shining through the window reheats it.

Too many years of driving from Mexico to Canada in sales.
Posted by: JussieSmolt

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/04/20 07:22 PM

Dripped medium roast when I drank coffee or the aero/french press. Cream and honey or a little sugar. Green tea has proven to be better on my stomach.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: extremesteelhead
Imagine living such an unfulfilling depressing life that you have to take a bitter stimulant in the morning to motivate you to get out of bed because you fill your bodies with toxic chemicals and need it to feel normal. And then imagine dedicating your whole life and existence to brewing techniques, sustainable sourcing, roasting levels debating over which piece of this materialistic product was 'better'. Imagine being ignorant to the toxic fumes which harm the workers roasting beans or the exploitative harvesting by slave level labor by some suffering person of color in a third world country. Imagine wasting your life metaphorically playing around in an endlessly deep pit of excrement, drinking it in your cup, splashing it all over you and your friends and dunking each others' heads underneath.

You should try drinking coffee in the morning instead. It's a much better drink.

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 10:19 AM

Imagine living such an unfulfilling depressing life that you have to take a bitter stimulant in the morning to motivate you to get out of bed because you fill your bodies with toxic chemicals and need it to feel normal. And then imagine dedicating your whole life and existence to brewing techniques, sustainable sourcing, roasting levels debating over which piece of this materialistic product was 'better'. Imagine being ignorant to the toxic fumes which harm the workers roasting beans or the exploitative harvesting by slave level labor by some suffering person of color in a third world country. Imagine wasting your life metaphorically playing around in an endlessly deep pit of excrement, drinking it in your cup, splashing it all over you and your friends and dunking each others' heads underneath.

Posted by: Streamer

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 12:48 PM

Favorite way to make coffee is to pull into the drive through and let some skinny busty bikini babe brew my beans.

But not really though the coffee is pretty terrible at those places... I hear.
Posted by: DCC

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 01:04 PM

Or, try this..... imagine living a such a fulfilling, uplifting life that you get to indulge in one of natures fine gifts, looking forward to getting up and starting your day without having to worry about the wrong side of the bed and whining about somebody else doing something that doesn't effect you...

....imagine.

Posted by: JussieSmolt

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Streamer
Favorite way to make coffee is to pull into the drive through and let some skinny busty bikini babe brew my beans.

Dutch Bros is the worst tasting crap ever. Also never understood why so many people would put Dutch Bros stickers all over their cars. Weirdest brand to rep ever.
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: JussieSmolt82
Originally Posted By: Streamer

Dutch Bros is the worst tasting crap ever. Also never understood why so many people would put Dutch Bros stickers all over their cars. Weirdest brand to rep ever.

Seems to be a monkey see monkey do... A lot like society these days..

Keith

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: CorneliusDunghamer
I only drink unfiltered Kopi Luwak.

Helps aid digestion! Feed Cornelius indeed!

PS...I've actually had it...
Posted by: Todd

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 04:55 PM

I have a lady at home who buys good coffee, puts it in my coffee pot at night, and it starts brewing at 6am. At 6:15am when I wake up the pot is just finishing.

She's also hotter than most the bikini baristas.

That's my favorite way to make my coffee.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Your favorite way to make coffee - 08/05/20 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
I have a lady at home who buys good coffee, puts it in my coffee pot at night, and it starts brewing at 6am. At 6:15am when I wake up the pot is just finishing.

She's also hotter than most the bikini baristas.

That's my favorite way to make my coffee.

Fish on...

Todd

Fantastic! Bring those learnings to Deer camp. Have her teach you or whatever, but my expectations are being impressed and satisfied.

rofl