Caviar

Posted by: JPbarbless

Caviar - 03/26/15 07:37 AM

I was wondering if anyone has tried to make their own caviar. I'm looking for a recipe to try. I recently retired after working 40 years in construction. I always wanted to be a chef, so now I'm attending culinary school. Kind of a bucket list thing. So as you can imagine I am trying all kinds of new recipes. I have enjoyed many of the recipes found here. I'm hoping to find something on caviar. You can make all kinds of beautiful appetizers with it. It's a lot of fun making plate presentations that look like they came out of a 4 star restaurant.

thanks JP
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Caviar - 03/26/15 08:05 AM

PM Doc or search for his past recipes. He's made it and posted it before.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Caviar - 03/26/15 09:10 AM

No recipe here...when I am making the albacore I catch in the fall into lots of different types of sushi and sashimi for the week after getting it all home (while canning the bulk of it) I am putting the freshest eggs from the saltwater coho that I caught the day before on top wink

Just tease apart the skeins with a spoon and your fingers.

Far better use for them than bait!

So far as salting or curing them, I haven't tried...it's fresh, or it's bait for me.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: JPbarbless

Re: Caviar - 03/27/15 07:40 AM

Searched the archive and found Doc's recipe. I will give that a try. Now I have to go fish, I have to go honey, It's for my culinary education. I expect to be gone all spring break. Sorry about that to do list you wanted me to do. I'll tell you what, I will come home early if I get enough roe for the recipe.