Biggest Bass?

Posted by: 404 Error*File Not Found

Biggest Bass? - 06/07/01 03:42 PM

Hey people...tell me the biggest bass that you've caught.My personal recors is 2.3 pounds laugh
Pretty brutal..huh? wink
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Biggest Bass? - 06/07/01 05:33 PM

8.5lbs for me. Caught it on a nightcrawler at age 10 in a private lake that we lived near in Olympia, WA. Unfortunately, I took it home with me. Please forgive my ignorance, I was 10.
Posted by: Zen Leecher aka Bill W

Re: Biggest Bass? - 06/07/01 06:08 PM

mine was 4 pounds and 18 inches. Caught it fishing a jig under a bobber. I was after perch and a largemouth hit it and the fight was on as my outfit was an ugly stick ultra light with 6lb test.

It was at a little lake up by Granite Falls called, I think, Rainbow Lake.
Posted by: Jonduke

Re: Biggest Bass? - 06/07/01 06:15 PM

My largest bass was a fat 9 pounds. I caught him a year ago on Neva Lake, on San Juan Island. It is in a private resort, Lakedale Resort, and is extremely weedy and shallow. Besides from tons of trout, it has loose schools of huge (7 pounds +) bass that cruise the shallows. I caught mine when I saw three huge shadows behind my cabin in the little channel. The only rod rigged was a 5-weight fly rod with a tiny little woolly bugger, but I managed to catch him with it, and actually land it. However, it fought like a log, so that was probably why I landed it. cool
Posted by: Jellyhead

Re: Biggest Bass? - 06/07/01 06:28 PM

Biggest for me so far is 8 1/2#'s out of Cullaby lake in oregon. A big prespawn female on a flipping tube last spring.

Let her go to make lots more for me to catch!!!

Aaron
Posted by: Just Fishing

Re: Biggest Bass? - 06/07/01 06:58 PM

Mine was a little over 5# caught at Chambers lake by Lacy Wa. I caught it on a green spotted flat fish. I did release it. laugh
Posted by: Robert Allen3

Re: Biggest Bass? - 06/09/01 03:30 PM

a few years ago I caught an 8lb 9 oz largemouth out os silver lake in October on a 1/2 oz black and blue jig with a #11 uncle josh pork frog trailer.

A couple years later I caught a 5 lb largemout out of a small lake along the Columbia.

Then this spring after 2 years of no bass fishing I caught a 7 lb largemouth this march from Lacamas lake also on the balck and blue jig and pig. I caught this bass while fishing from the bank!!!
I'd like to find someone in the Vancouver area who needs a fishing partner is serious about bass fishing and has a boat set up for it.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Biggest Bass? - 06/12/01 02:14 PM

Largemouth- 7lbs 12 oz., Lake Terrel near Ferndale. Caught it in July on a four inch sluggo at the end of the flooded creek in the trees. Weighed it on a scale that a fellow angler had when he cruised over when he saw me pull it out of the water. Released, of course.

Smallmouth- 6 lbs. and a few ounces, Lk. Sammamish, back in '86. Released after weighed on a crappy scale, so not sure exactly, but scale said 6 lbs. and 5 oz. Good luck on me telling exact spot, but was caught on a carolina-rigged floating four inch grub.