Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!!

Posted by: Bob

Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 01/31/11 03:02 PM

Well, Ro asked me last night if I could take her duck hunting today knowing that I had gone down to a corner on the Duc to try to jump shoot some mallards that have been hanging out.

She's been playing the Cabela's game on the Wii a bunch lately and is now "into" hunting.

Only prob was, no duck season today, so I offered to take her out to shoot the .410 I had when I was little.

She sounded way excited so figured I'd give it a try with me shooting it right next to her first so she could hear it and gave her a smack in the shoulder to show her what it would feel like ... still game!!!!

So, here's her first try at one of my pop cans, and she wanted more so she got another crack at it before she was off to school.

Lots of talk to and fro about gun safety smile

Excited to have a new shooting partner for sure!!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150093486246234&comments
Posted by: Todd

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 01/31/11 03:18 PM

That was pretty cool!

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 01/31/11 03:21 PM

Awesome.
Posted by: CedarR

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 01/31/11 03:32 PM

Great experience to capture on video. Looks like she's ready for one of these: http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-DAI19S
Valentines Day is just around the corner wink
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 01/31/11 03:55 PM

Cool!
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 01/31/11 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: CedarR
Great experience to capture on video. Looks like she's ready for one of these: http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-DAI19S
Valentines Day is just around the corner wink

There goes the windows in the neighborhood rofl
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 01/31/11 09:43 PM

My 11 year old was upset to find out Ducks were closed for the season. I haven't had her out in a blind for a day yet but she says she really wants to do it. Next years the year I hope. I miss it bad.

Ro's reaction must have been most heart warming for ya. Almost like that first shot over a dog and seeing the wagging tail and excitment to find what was shot instead of hiding under the car.

Tell her that shot was good enough to go get mom a turkey this Spring.
Congrats on the new huntin pardner.

Alie Took Hunters safety when she was nine but turned 10 before she got her first deer.
Bet Ro could shave at least a year off those marks.
Posted by: Ikissmykiss

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 02/03/11 12:59 AM

Wow! Many of my hunting friends have young boys that didn't even want to hold a gun til 8 or so. I know I didn't start that young and I was pretty gung ho at an early age...must be the part Alaskan in her. Really cool...screw the ducks, start puttin' her in for WA moose permits now!

Ike
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 02/03/11 01:29 AM

No thats a bad bad Idea. No body should put their kids in for a moose tag for at least the next 4 years and no body should put in for the bull tags for at least the next 15 years. Tell everyone ya know!!!
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 02/05/11 03:09 PM

Ro-Ro sure has the eyelashes.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Watch out ducks ... Ro-Ro is learning!!! - 02/05/11 09:20 PM

That was way cool!

Sg