M_rays Wa general opener buck

Posted by: m_ray

M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/17/12 11:33 PM

I got er done on Saturday afternoon with a decent buck for the area I was hunting ... in fact I passed the only other nice buck I had seen the first 1/2 hr of the morning when A nice 4 pt came about 50 yards from me. In all I saw about 30 legal bucks most 3x2's and some 4x3's and a jillion doe's. My partner was able to get the buck I passed and then after cleaning him up we went to check the bucks he had glassed up in the morning and I spotted this guy on a steep hillside with four other bucks and decided he would do nicely!

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/17/12 11:38 PM

Here is the buck I passed that my partner was able to connect with!

Posted by: Dogfish

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/17/12 11:39 PM

Absolutely solid deer.
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/17/12 11:43 PM

Wow, solid might be understating it a bit. Very nice.

Willy
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/17/12 11:54 PM

Nice bucks!
Posted by: Todd

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/17/12 11:55 PM

Both are awesome.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/18/12 12:21 AM

Thanks guys it was definitely a fun day for sure ... I'm off to Montana next week and we'll see if I can get something bigger than what I have allready which will have to be over 170 and my partner is off to unit 45 Idaho he is going to wait on 180+!
Posted by: steeliedrew

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/18/12 01:14 AM

damn nice bucks there! Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: Kramer

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/18/12 12:35 PM

Impressive!
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/18/12 01:29 PM

Dandy bucks!
Posted by: JTD

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/18/12 05:09 PM

Chasing Muleys is secondary only to fishing winter steelhead for me. I love side-hilling in the coulees.

Both of those are strong shooters. Well done!

beer

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/19/12 09:58 AM

Haha Well Steve let me tell ya ... it was the first 20 minutes of light on the opener and frankly? I didn't want the "hunt" to be over! I was hunting a buddies place down in the Palouse and he has about 8k acres and some adjoining neighbors property we can also hunt. Most all of the other land is CRP and wheat and guys just drive which push all the deer onto his place ... he has mostly steep draws and less mellow land which is perfect for the deer once they get there they pretty much settle in and get comfy. Knowing this I was fairly confident that guy wasn't going anywhere so I just looked over about 200 more deer pouring onto the place the rest of the morning and then we hatched a plan to after this guy ... I actually had him two more times in the cross hairs and couldn't get a steady rest or had grass in the way and they fed off before I could shoot him. I told my friend to go around a different way and if he could get a shot he should take it cause this deer is just too nice and one of us needs to get him and it worked out for him!!! and you know me I was happy as hell for him its a pretty nice deer!!! I go down there to visit with a dear old friend and although hunting is secondary in my mind it and the company never seems to disappoint!!! I don't know maybe I'm just a geezer now but I'm not in much of a hurry to get it done I like to look at all the deer first.
Posted by: Todd

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/19/12 06:26 PM

You clearly got some good karma by passing the first one off to your buddy wink

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Achewter

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/23/12 03:35 AM

Mark did you ever know a guy by the name of Tim Druffle?
Nice bucks.

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/23/12 05:23 PM

Tim Duffy? or Duffie? No Druffle
Posted by: Achewter

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/23/12 11:33 PM

it was Druffle. we fished and hunted together. His family had a farm on the brakes of the snake. He died in fishing accident on the Columbia near Ringold

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/24/12 11:07 PM

Well I was hunting the breaks of the snake but not at Druffles!

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/26/12 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Todd
You clearly got some good karma by passing the first one off to your buddy wink

Fish on...

Todd

Thanks Todd I think so too!

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/26/12 02:12 AM

Well My buddy did well in idaho and held out for over 180 as we hoped!!! He smoked a hog with a Muzzle-loader at 96 yards! Rough score 184

Posted by: wsu

Re: M_rays Wa general opener buck - 10/26/12 05:37 PM

There are quite a few Druffles over there. Nice bucks!