What wont a lab eat?

Posted by: Dave Vedder

What wont a lab eat? - 01/25/13 09:49 AM

Yesterday Tye found a wild pig leg left by a sucessful hunter. I thought what the heck he can chew on that for awhile. Next thing I know he has eaten it all! Hide, bone and hoof.

A bit later he herked it up, but of course he later ate the good bits out of the herk pile.
Posted by: Bucket/Good Sport

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/25/13 10:09 AM

Like father like son!

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/25/13 10:36 AM

I assume you are talking about Blue.
Posted by: JTD

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/25/13 11:31 AM

I had a Lab that ate four feet of wiring that was still plugged in. I was at school during the day and, when I got home, I couldn't figure out why my lamp wasn't working.
Posted by: Achewter

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/26/13 05:32 AM

Half a florecent light tube and one of the aluminum ends of it. Actualy found the end and chunks of glass while picking up the poo pile in the back yard.
Posted by: steeliedrew

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/26/13 06:56 AM

My Golden Retriever has eaten Dvd's, a couch, the wife's credit and debt cards the other day, etc, etc. Also, she enjoys the Almond Rocca from the cat box. Cat sh!t is like a delacasy to her.

One of my cats loves cured eggs too. Haha.
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/26/13 10:03 AM

You know when you consider all this stuff and the high dog-ownership on this site, what we need is a die-hard Vet (Doc) fisherman here on PP.
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 03:35 PM

My lab ate his blanket that we put in his doghouse. Saw him struggling trying to take a dump, and spotted about 2 feet of blanket hanging out. Went over and stepped on it and the rest of the blanket emerged.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 03:44 PM

Cedar ate 11 donuts on Sunday. Someone left the box in the counter, open. He apparently left one for Hunter, upside down, on the floor.
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 04:13 PM

kenna ate half a dead, rotten, frozen, then thawed, then frozen silver 2 weeks ago. Then rolled in it. then ate some more. smelled like a whorehouse at low tide. mack puked up another sock last weekend. i'd stopped counting when i hit a dozen since he came to live with us in may. plenty of colorful bits in the poo...earplugs are especially tasty!

willy
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 06:13 PM

Kaiser ate a whole bar of Ivory soap that was half-buried in some Nooksack silt. I didn't even know it until he puked it up on the ride home. For some reason, it was one of the worst smells I've ever known.

Boris ate one of my wife's thongs (the underwear, not the shoe).
Posted by: Todd

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 06:23 PM

After having Labs for most of my life I'd think that the list of "what won't a Lab eat?" would be a short one, indeed.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 07:44 PM

Mom used to make spaghetti sauce in a 5 gallon pot and then let it cool outside on the steps. Brook polished most of it off before we heard her dog tags banging around inside the pot.

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 07:53 PM

Tye 8 another quail today. This has to stop as the hunting has been pretty poor. Between my bad shooting and the lack of quail Tye is really eating up the profits
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/28/13 08:28 PM

My business partner's 6-month old chocolate went to a Bachelor party on the Hoh river.....and was fed the steak fat from about a dozen guys at Cottonwood. Next morning we break camp, and find a gravel pit up the road to shoot skeet and whatnot for an hour before heading home.

Lab sitting on the seat between us in the new F 150 starts fidgeting on the ride home going through Forks, partner says "easy boy, we'll stop soon"......we made it to the road shed just past Salmon Drive when the dog lets loose in his owner's lap at 60 mph.

After the 4 wheel skid stop, I threw the dog in the ditch, where he release the rest of it. That smell still haunts me every time I drive by that spot. Pard throws his jeans in the ditch. Sappho store had windex, nothing else to attempt clean up and deoderizer.

Man I love Labs
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/30/13 02:04 PM

After this past hunting season when Sage could barely move after a day of hunting I took her to the vet to discuss an aging hunting dog.

He had me put her on a diet of a 1/2 cup in the morning and a 1/2 cup in the evening. He also gave me some arthritis pills to give her a day before, day of and day after heavy activity.

Well now she eats her meal in about three bites and spends the next hour barking at me and the following hour attempting to get at anything that may or may not be food.

So I go out to dinner with my Mom and Aunt and left her in the truck which was a big mistake. She got into my center console and ate the whole bottle of arthritis pills including the bottle. How do I know this. Well she promptly puked up everything including the green bottle!

I guess there is a reason why canines have about the most primitive digestion system in all of the animal kingdom!
Posted by: Bantam

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/30/13 11:12 PM

Sky developed a taste for dry wall...
Had pops play doggy daycare and found some rat poison under his couch.
She seems to like my feathered intruders too
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/31/13 03:14 PM

The only thing my lab wont eat is, nothing. He will eat everything and as much of it as he can. He's been known to eat other dogs and cat chit when he's feeling territorial. Makes me livid and wanna puke!! My buddy's lab from work is the most carnivorous son of a bitch ever. Eats whole grouse, rabbits and whatever else it can find. His sons little runt lab ran at a coyote full sprint to squabble amd ripped its throat out and swallowed it when he was a ranch hand in Idaho, as legend has it.lol

Truly awesome dogs!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 01/31/13 04:05 PM

Figures....
Posted by: huntncoug

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/01/13 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
I assume you are talking about Blue.

Hey now, blues favorite thing to do is follow the chickens and "clean up after them" I won't even eat Chinese food.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/01/13 02:45 PM

After reading this thread I've changed my mind about the retrievers I've had. They really were selective as to what they would eat by comparison. Well more selective than some of these Labs.
Posted by: Achewter

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/01/13 04:36 PM

did the chick wearing the shock color have anything else on???
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/01/13 06:57 PM

Was it extra crunchy style peanut butter????. Just sayin.Good luck,
SZ

My lab pup eat's the plastic hinges off me 120qt marine coolers all the time....then I find lil white pieces in his chit when I'm doing the poop scoop thing.
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/02/13 04:32 PM

just got home and the knuckleheads had decided that the soup of the day was campbells tomato. they got through 1 of those microwavable bowls (they're plastic, with a pull top lid) and started on the 2nd. Decided to wash it down with a bottle of soda--acai/blueberry. there is soup all over the office carpet, the hallway, and living room floor. blue stains as well. this is the first time this kind of thing has happened, i'm not pleased

willy
Posted by: floatinghat

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/04/13 10:34 AM

Onions and Garlic- Bella won't even mouth them any more.

Crayons are a favorite!

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/05/13 12:40 AM

A month or two ago one of my two labs got into my powdered jig head paint, don't think they ate any because they are both still alive but what a mess.

Re: What wont a lab eat? - 02/05/13 12:43 AM

The paint was in a closed Tupperware with all of my jig tying supplies, they will do anything to get to the feathers.