Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap

Posted by: The Moderator

Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap - 07/02/14 07:34 PM

Start out and find an online "store" that has a surplus shipment of DPMS flattops that they are pushing out the door for $400.

Nothing special about these flatties, but they were never used, untouched and in great shape.

Fire up the intarwebz and go shopping. I replaced the stock, hand grip, forearm grip, added the combat handle, added a flip down rear sight. A SigTac red dot scope and rise, a new gas block with a flip up front sight and finally put on an AAC adapter for the suppressor.

Didn't *need* to do any of that, but I think for few bucks it makes a stock flattop look like a cool zombie gun.

Delbert just picked up magnesium lower and is going to attempt to build one up from scratch. This should be fun, and I can't wait to help him! Fun stuff!
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap - 07/02/14 09:43 PM

Nice.
The scary black rifle is a wonderfully engineered weapon.

Building from scratch is not very difficult.
If you acquire good tools and study up a bit you will have a good experience.

I've done two.
Here's my scratch-built 16" .223 Wylde mid gasser...
(every single part has a story and came from a different place)

Beautiful 4:00 eject the first time I pulled the trigger on it with Lake City XM193.
I peed down my leg.

smile

Posted by: Black Bart

Re: Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap - 07/02/14 09:45 PM

Very nice Parker. Marv Like. Rat a Tat Tat Tat Tat !

Shout out a clear warning ... HALT ! ... STAND FAST ! ... then three quickies to the chest and two to the head ... Throw down a couple of those cheap Saturday night .38 specials you have near the dead bodies ... Problem solved.

The dumb ass Zombies should already know to Stay the Fukk off your lawn. I've seen that look in your eyes when riled up.
Posted by: Black Bart

Re: Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap - 07/02/14 09:50 PM

Direct Drive.... Next time north, stop by and see me in Adna, the last frontier . I have some spare parts laying around with your name on them.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap - 07/02/14 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Black Bart
Direct Drive.... Next time north, stop by and see me in Adna, the last frontier . I have some spare parts laying around with your name on them.

I might have to do that.
I have whiskey and good BBQ to trade.

Eatin' good BBQ, drinkin' and shootin' sounds like some good clean fun !
Paker, bein' a Mac user, might get a little squeamish at that.
Posted by: Todd

Re: Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap - 07/08/14 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Black Bart
I've seen that look in your eyes when riled up.

That look is kinda always there on Parker.

Nice build...looks purty.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Another Zombie Gun - On the Cheap - 07/09/14 12:17 PM

Pew, pew, pew.......