Twas the night before deer season. ...

Posted by: Achewter

Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/16/15 11:42 PM

Good luck to all.
Report back here
Posted by: snit

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/19/15 04:38 PM

Good hatch of bucks this year in Central Wa. The mission was to get the boy his 2nd buck. We saw over 15 legal bucks Saturday morning. Mission accomplished on a 23" 3x4 mulie with eye guards. 3 other boys got theirs as well. The dads gutted and skinned! smile
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/19/15 05:39 PM

Good work! I will be over there next Monday chasing steelhead. Give me a call if you wanna get a drink Monday night.
Posted by: snit

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/20/15 08:35 AM

Sounds good Dave. I'll let ya know!
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/21/15 06:26 PM

Art- I'm pleased to report that my 9 year old daughter and I shot a nice 4x5 (with eye guards) on her first ever big game hunt. She helped with everything from gutting to butchering to grinding and smoking the pepperoni and land jäger come Saturday. I hope you and your children have a fun and successful hunt.
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/22/15 09:07 AM

I killed my buck last weekend, but I'm pulling my 13 yo daughter out of school today and tomorrow for her first big game hunt. I'm so looking forward to it! I think I'm more excited than she is....

willy
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/22/15 09:05 PM

RvW & Willy - nice job! I hope to fill my tag next week.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/26/15 10:45 AM

My youngest son and I are both done. One more deer tag left to fill, but that has to wait until after elk season.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/26/15 10:53 AM

Went out to get the newspaper the other morning in the dark and nearly tripped over one of the yard rats . . . couldn't identify it other than 4 hooved legs and covered with deer hair. Then as I left to drive to work I saw the usual suspects, a yearling and a doe browsing by the garage, and then a seldom seen standing under the tree in my neighbor's yard, a nice fork horn buck. The boy deers don't often show themselves in the 'hood, probably because it's not safe. I must see does and fawns 100 times for every time I see one sporting antlers.
Posted by: landcruiserwilly

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/26/15 04:30 PM

My girl got her doe on Friday evening. She originally wanted to hold out for a buck, but when this one stepped out on it's own, she made a perfect shot.

we had a fantastic weekend in the mountains of NE washington, and I'm very proud of her.

willy
Posted by: JTD

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/26/15 06:52 PM

All of this talk and this thread FINALLY has a picture. Geesh.

It may as well be the last too because I doubt it could be improved.

thumbs
Posted by: Todd

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/29/15 09:00 AM

Nick and I filled out tags with Whidbey bucks...me on Tuesday, him on Wednesday. Two of our crew is out there again today hoping to finish up.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Todd

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/30/15 11:12 AM

Tony got his yesterday, one more to go for Rico and we will have a clean sweep!

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/30/15 02:49 PM

Still looking @ paper for the moment. Good luck,

SZ

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/31/15 11:04 AM

Awesome job Willy and daughter - congrats!

Dragon - lets see some pics of your monster. It is Halloween afterall!

Like Todd has shared, we had a fine week of Island hunting. Couldn't possibly ask for more.

I got my first BT on my second day of BT hunting ever. Small spike buck, but he'll eat just fine. I'm pretty much ruined now. I've taken lots of Mulies and WT's, so a BT was at the top of my bucket list. Now a Moose moves into the top place. I'm a happy happy dude.
Posted by: Driftfishnw

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/31/15 11:13 AM

thumbs

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 10/31/15 11:29 AM

beer
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 11/02/15 06:59 AM

Hurrah for all.

Spent yesterday making another round of jerky.

Damn it be good.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 11/02/15 10:04 AM

picture of empty plates?
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 11/02/15 12:54 PM

Of fingers crossed?

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 11/03/15 06:35 PM

I ground my little BT scraps with bacon ends and peices with a little pork fat added into the mix. Roughly a 70/30 grind. Just made a burger. OMFG. I've had plenty of WT, Muley and Elk. This rivals Elk in every way. WOW. banana
Posted by: Driftin'

Re: Twas the night before deer season. ... - 11/07/15 02:15 PM

The Swinery in W. Seattle sources local farmers for their organic pork. Hazelnut-finished pork shoulder + belly is oft available this time of year. Ground with your venison trim meat does make for a mighty fine burger. Besides adding sourdough bread crumbs (to hold the fat), Maldon sea salt, fresh ground pepper, carmelized onions and dash of San J platinum label tamari to the raw meat, try a bit of cinnamon too. About 1/4 tsp./patty. Get back to me.... wink