Update time for NT commercial landing and the last week of the treaty fishery are not up yet.

Oct 21 NT Commercial
Modeled Harvest Chinook 22 Coho 451 Chum 815

Actual Harvest Chinook 1 Coho 220 Chum 978

The effects of the early returns of Chinook and Coho are still present and the Chum have showed. Be interesting to see what the tribal fisheries show.

Since the massive movement of Coho and Chinook in Sept some of us have more or less been playing a guessing game as to just how large was this movement? In the Chehalis we have two Coho timings. Sept / Oct Coho that come in and stage up and the Nov Coho which only come when the river completely blows out. So the early portion of the run my bet ended up that about 75% of the Sept & Oct Coho came in in that huge movement in mid Sept. Slim pickens for Coho in tidewater until the river blows.

Chinook numbers appear to be above what what was forecast. The encounters in Sept and first week of Oct were way past what I am used to seeing with the run forecast we have for Chinook.

So guys inland early run timing a blessing sucks down low in the lower reaches. I think in the end both Coho and Chinook numbers will exceed preseason forecast but we will have to wait for the final redd counts to know for sure.