Got a couple of unusual things for ya! First part of the week we had several flocks of birds running around the river. After doing a search for pics and video it appears they were Terns and I have not seen that before up here. River was full of a fish maybe 5 in or so that came from the bay which I have seen many years just not the Terns, no idea.

Then the strangest thing. I found a bunch of salmon jumping around and it seemed like the river was full of them. After playing around for a while a guy the has been fishing jacks also came down and anchored up next to me and we compared notes. Seems that in a ¼ mile of the river you see nothing until last couple of hours of incoming then fish jumping all over. The tides in the day time are really soft now so there is not much of a push. Don put me on to what was going on as it appears that the river was not full of fish but rather they are down deep ( 25 to 45 ft ) until toward slack then they simply start swimming all around in a school or two jumping like crazy. This conclusion came from simply setting and drawing a mental line following the jumpers. The pattern was pretty clear but a bit confusing as they did not seem to have any particular direction just back and forth & around the river. Tide turns to outgoing and nothing again. We saw bright fish along with some color plus some seriously colored guys but they looked to be small Chinook. I have seen all sorts of strange things with salmon but I have never seen them act like a trout in the river. I mean they were going all over the reach of the river like planted trout in Lake Sylvia! Oh to ease your mind jumping yes but no biting as I would have better odds of shooting one out of the air on the jump than hooking one. Lock jaw time which is OK for now. One thing for sure is it was fun to watch as it was like a play ground for fish just having a good time !