What you would need to do this or something.? Someone in the agency that has clout and is a forward thinker. When the team I was part off went at it we had Deputy Director Peck who was one of the most forward thinking individuals I have known. He brought in others like Hal Michaels, Jim Scott & Paul Seidel and lets not leave out our fave Sara.

So Mr. Philips appears to be willing to do something in the basin but this, he is regional Director and staff in the divisions report to the Olympia blockhouse. If he does want to try a different path it is a start.

What to watch out for? The infamous lets get all the stake holders together and meet several times a year which is a dead end which it is intended to be. Do not meet with anyone with out a written record that both parties agree is accurate or it is best minutes of the meeting. Stay away from phone calls as they are the best way to create confusion so use e mail so all see the same thing. This is important as our first meeting Mr. Peck stood up and said " we are here so everyone hears exactly the same as to what I am saying and no confusion exist among any of you " I think I missed a couple of words but I think you can get the drift.

A key player is the person who does the minutes. The staffer that did ours is known as Carcassman here and frankly he was great to work with! Now some in the agency did not share our thoughts in that way as he had this thing about capturing the full flavor of the meeting which is not the agency way.