Got the usual how you doing with the flooding from folks. Well fine but I am glad it has let up some, the wind that is. Day before yesterday with the storm I got about 8 inches of water in my shop and had to do the usual clean up washing the silt out. Yesterday with flows about the same it was two feet less and not much to worry about. Two feet is a big difference and it is all about the wind holding the bay backing everything up at high tide. Tidewater flooding is about flows, 10 ft plus tide and wind. Had all so it was a mess but dodged the peak flows matching high tide so as my brother said about the snow we dodged the bullet, again!

The river is just plain nasty otherwise. Trees and junk coming down in a constant stream. DW said the river at high tide in Aberdeen had enough trees to start logging. Huge mats of twigs, limbs, junk just everything have been a real pain but not as bad as the big windstorm a few years back.

Did see some humor though. The young bear was on my dock at high tide as my house was an island at high tide and damned if it did not find a way to fall in the river. It was high tide near slack so the current was not severe and it got a grip on the docks bumper beam and pulled itself back up. There it the sat for about 2 hours until land reappeared grunting and wailing away and then scampered off. Frankly it looked like a celebratory dance rather than running. The nearest land is about a quarter mile away in a high tide flood event as my house is more or less in a giant lake. I don't think the little guy will fall for that again!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and we should all be thankful of the better things as ugly is never far away.