BBVD

I am impressed that you are interested in politics and that you are willing tom take a stand for what you believe in. I was much like you when I was that age. I would like to offer some advise. I know non was asked for and you may consider it to be worth only what it costs.

As you form your political beliefs ask yourself how much of what I believe came from my independent discovery versus simply believing what my folks believe.

If your beliefs are your own, more power to you. But beware of simply adopting the beliefs of those around you. Ry really hard to read editorials written by those with whom you disagree. it is good to you to know what all sides think. I am a staunch liberal but I make it a point to listen to Rush, and to read George Will and other conservative writers. Sometimes they make me change my opinion. If you never can be swayed by others, perhaps you are a bit too rigid in your thinking. Also try to watch world news by BBC or any other broadcast that does not originate in the U.S. You will find that our newscasters do not even mention important world events if they don’t directly and immediately effect the U.S. And remember this, while we should respect the office of president and love our country, never forget that they will ALL lie to you when it suits their purposes. No one party has a corner on that market. Think, question and keep an open mind. And try to remember that neither political party is always right or always wrong. The truth usually lies in the middle ground.