Thanks to all those who filled out the form letter, as you may have seen up top, we had 512 of these sent in (I had a goal of 500 knowing there were going to be lots of people sending in more personal letters, so we exceeded that!).

A little of my perspective of the meetings:

Things started out on a very positive note when the crowd (of about 160 people ... I think there were 10 rows of 16 seats) was asked to clap if you supported Option #1 (zero kill) ... a long stretch of loud applause and even a few whistles filled the room. Then you were asked to clap if you supported Option two ... a few scattered claps here and there. From where I was sitting, it didn't sound like more than 4 or 5, but others I talked to later said perhaps ten or so ...

Over 80% of the testimony was in favor of no-kill policy. I was very impressed by how much of the testimony was very well thought out and presented (mine certainly wasn't, I was going more to go and and had already passed along my thoughts in a letter, but figured I'd say something when my time came anyhow).

The WSC did an outstanding job, as did the Washington Council of TU ... both groups had several speakers and provided some excellent data to the commission.

There were four guides that spoke, two local Forks guides, two Puget Sound area guides - all spoke in favor of C&R ... I think that said a lot.

The arguments from the opposition were weak at best ... and even provided some comic relief ... a chuckle rolled through the crowd with Steelhead Trout Club of Washington's spokesman opening with a line of how wonderful a job the WDF&W has done with our fisheries rolleyes

It was a pleasure to meet a number of the folks I've communicated with via email but hadn't had an opportunity to meet previously.

While I think it's fair to say we won this battle hands-down, the war isn't over yet and my go on longer than some of us would like ... but, sooner or later, the war will end and the fish will be the biggest winners! laugh laugh

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"