Check

Defiance Boats!

LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by darth baiter @ Today at 04:22 PM

Correct Curt. First year of reductions at Forks Creek was 2015 brood. The first year where age 3 adults returns are impacted is 2018. So the first year where all ages classes 3-5 are fully impacted by these reductions is 2020. Consequently, the a
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by eyeFISH @ Today at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: GeoduckRW needs to be fired. Pretty "interesting" that he has risen up the ranks to become the TOP fish manager in the state. Don't be too surprised if he becomes the new Director of the whole shootin' match!
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by eyeFISH @ Today at 04:17 PM

What I said in my original post is the line we've been given by staff at all the advisory and planning meetings to date. Now I don't know what to believe ???
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by eyeFISH @ Today at 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Smalmaeyefish - I thought that first year of the new Willapa hatchery release levels was in 2016. Curt Having a little trouble corroborating that, Curt. Policy passed in June of 2015... about the time 3.2 million sub yearl
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by Geoduck @ Today at 03:41 PM

RW needs to be fired. WB chinook management has been a fiasco for over a decades and its all been on RWs watch whether as Region 6 director, or as a leader in olympia. This should have been the simplest chinook fishery to manage in the entire state
The Outdoor Gear Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: Old salmon spoons by PD-5 @ Today at 03:21 PM

Hey PA Guy, been doing some digging. Here's a few duplicates from my collection off your wishlist. Up to about 60 now.
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: What is going on with Cowltz NOR and HOR returns? by Carcassman @ Today at 02:20 PM

You are mixing apples and oranges in the argument. I didn't say the numbers were accurate, I said they were the best they could do at counting. Years ago they put predator netting over a hatchery pond. Actually, this happened at many sites with simi
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by Smalma @ Today at 02:15 PM

eyefish - I thought that first year of the new Willapa hatchery release levels was in 2016. Curt
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by Carcassman @ Today at 02:14 PM

The Chinook will continue to be overfished in order to net the last hatchery fish. The overfishing will be from the outside wall the way in was open productivity is going sideways. Few spawners, mostly with strong ties to the hatchery. The need to a
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by eyeFISH @ Today at 01:52 PM

This will be the last year of adult returns of Willapa River origin hatchery fish from the old (pre-policy) smolt releases. 2019 will be the first year that the entire Willapa-origin cohort will be the progeny from the reduced production and smolt r
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by darth baiter @ Today at 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: CarcassmanBy 2020 the NORs will be effectively "gone". Can't find them. So, there can be fishing on the HORs. Since the situation being created will be "impossible" to manage per the plan, we just toss the
Northwest Fishing Board
Originally Posted By: CarcassmanHow can you be sure they actually lie? They use the best numbers they have. They may not be accurate or even close but the numbers are what they can afford to collect. Same as estimating sport catch of salmon and ste
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by eyeFISH @ Today at 11:06 AM

I regards to shifting impacts from rec to commercial.... RW weasel word of the day "flexibility" "We all believe we have the FLEXIBILITY to do what I just said, but we don't want to push if that's NOT the intent of the Commission&quo
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: What is going on with Cowltz NOR and HOR returns? by Carcassman @ Today at 11:05 AM

How can you be sure they actually lie? They use the best numbers they have. They may not be accurate or even close but the numbers are what they can afford to collect. Same as estimating sport catch of salmon and steelhead. They depend on the integ
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Atlantics from Net Pens were Infected with Virus by Carcassman @ Today at 11:02 AM

There are issues with "peer-review". For a journal, they ask professionals in the field to review the manuscript. I have done quite a few. I have also edited books where I solicited reviewers and it was interesting to me that state and trib
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by Carcassman @ Today at 10:57 AM

You ask for "advice" when you you don't want to follow directions.
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: YGTBFK, right? by BroodBuster @ Today at 10:28 AM

But Patty Murray is steward of the invironment. Nothing a good carbon tax canít fix.
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by eyeFISH @ Today at 10:22 AM

I just want to go back and reflect on the effort that was brought forward by the Commission at the time on this Policy. There were DOZENS of meetings (more than that) HUNDREDS of hours devoted to this, an UNTOLD amount of public comment and staff ti
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET by eyeFISH @ Today at 10:08 AM

Everyone should listen carefully to Commissioner Carpenters scathing comments to staff at roughly 49:30
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Rough surf kills 2 women, clam digging by bob r @ Today at 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake Dogfish I didnt make the assumptions. Your right no one knows. But two Women died on seperate beaches at the same time under nearly identical circumstances. This is after WDFW and social media annoucements of planned n
Northwest Fishing Board
There's a comment that keeps cropping up over and over; "peer-reviewed" Who selects the peers that do the reviewing? Are all the "reviews" included in the published document?
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Atlantics from Net Pens were Infected with Virus by Carcassman @ Today at 08:36 AM

Used to work in Fish Health. Very familiar with virus as we had a few nice blow-ups to deal with. The AS were carrying the virus. Just like we all carry E. coli. All that means is that the bug was in the fish. The AS were not "diseased",
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Atlantics from Net Pens were Infected with Virus by Carcassman @ Today at 08:10 AM

Even if we restore the habitat and the wold fish the simple mathematics of management produce fewer consumable fish. Or game. Broodstock requirements for the farmed products are significantly smaller than for wild. And, if we preserve/restore the wi
Northwest Fishing Board
Bottom line is that they lie and get away with it. Anymore, they do not want to spend the $$ they are obligated to by building the dams. They get away with it under guise of wild fish recovery. You can thank TU for that one.
Northwest Fishing Board
It should be no mystery why many folks prefer farmed Atlantic salmon. They are a milder tasting fish than say Chinook. In addition fresh salmon at a convent size with consistent quality is more readily available for the average consumer at a more
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
Gibbs Delta Time Capsule
Driftin'
Who's Online
6 registered (Salmo g., Jake Dogfish, Carcassman, DrifterWA, 2 invisible), 116 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bitentime, Tincup, drapp, Tucker Williams, Highliner1418
11360 Registered Users
Top Posters
Hankster 27971
Todd 23935
Sol Duc 14398
Dan S. 13319
parker 12973
Banned User 12948
eyeFISH 12198
Salmo g. 12148
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10972
Forum Stats
11360 Members
18 Forums
76317 Topics
891300 Posts

Max Online: 596 @ 05/24/12 03:35 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2015 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |