Check

Defiance Boats!

LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Is There Life Beyond Fishing?
Jump to new posts Re: Who isn't dying? by dwatkins @ Today at 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: JTDOriginally Posted By: dwatkinsOriginally Posted By: ReefSkunkSol Duc Rest in Hell This would make my day if this was true Carl Spackler- "That is a little harsh" He's spewed enough vitriol to earn t
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Steelhead plantings. by Denham @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Perhaps you should try later on, when no one else is fishing... Might be pleasantly surprised
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Steelhead plantings. by RUNnGUN @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: CarcassmanSomebody who is more familiar with the Kalama in particular but over the past decade or so there have been significant shifts in what stock is used. Kalama may have been using Skamania summers. These fish had a certain
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Sunday's King opener in MA 9-10 by OLD FB @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Piperand don't forget that starting monday, its beach fishing for hatchery coho only in MA-9... two fvcking weeks... I'm on a 5 year plan to leave this sh!tty fishing hole of a state... Retired here 20 years ago after boomin
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Steelhead plantings. by OLD FB @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: KrijackIt seems that the more successful brood stock programs us or include sports caught fish. I know they did on the Sol Duc and I think many, if not most, of the Oregon programs do too. You are correct on the Oregon info y
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Sunday's King opener in MA 9-10 by Ikissmykiss @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Piperstarting monday, its beach fishing for hatchery coho only in MA-9 Starting Monday I doubt there will be any fishing for hatchery chinook in MA10 since Area 9 needs less than a 1,000 fish to reach quota.... and over 1,200 we
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: MA-12, South of Ayock is starting. by Carcassman @ Yesterday at 08:25 PM

Consider if the 5 million pounds was all subtidal and consequently never harvested. Even if you had a 1:1 conversion of food to clam, which is not really possible, that means one year's harvest had to consume 5 million pounds of single-cell algae to
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Sunday's King opener in MA 9-10 by Slab Happy @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Agree with Piper .... WDFW has become a laughing stock .
The Outdoor Gear Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: WTB ... color depth finder .... by Slab Happy @ Yesterday at 07:57 PM

well that went nowhere fast.... with the closing of Area 9 I am no longer interested in continuing to build this boat thanks for the original offer
Jump to new posts Re: Who isn't dying? by JTD @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dwatkinsOriginally Posted By: ReefSkunkSol Duc Rest in Hell This would make my day if this was true Carl Spackler- "That is a little harsh"
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: MA-12, South of Ayock is starting. by Piper @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

I'd be curious to see what impact the geoduck harvest has had in the canal... According to WDFW there are 5mil lbs harvested from PS every year... but there is no breakdown where they are coming from. Before the HC crash we used to see refrigerated
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: MA-12, South of Ayock is starting. by Krijack @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Interesting thought about the clam harvesting. From the number of tribal releases, it appears that the tribes are really hammering them. I don't think that was the situation before the Rafeedie Decision, or an any case before around 2000. Add in
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Sunday's King opener in MA 9-10 by Piper @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

and don't forget that starting monday, its beach fishing for hatchery coho only in MA-9... two fvcking weeks... I'm on a 5 year plan to leave this sh!tty fishing hole of a state...
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Steelhead plantings. by Krijack @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

It seems that the more successful brood stock programs us or include sports caught fish. I know they did on the Sol Duc and I think many, if not most, of the Oregon programs do too.
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Steelhead plantings. by Carcassman @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Somebody who is more familiar with the Kalama in particular but over the past decade or so there have been significant shifts in what stock is used. Kalama may have been using Skamania summers. These fish had a certain survival rate and a timing of r
Originally Posted By: paker I should have been a Firefighter. They seem to be catching a lot of salmon this season. Gov't type pay with more time off than Santa Claus. Yes, we should all be Firefighters Well, except those dozen years or so th
Jump to new posts Re: Who isn't dying? by dwatkins @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: ReefSkunkSol Duc Rest in Hell This would make my day if this was true
Jump to new posts Re: Who isn't dying? by ReefSkunk @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Sol Duc Rest in Hell
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: Steelhead plantings. by RUNnGUN @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

I'm disgusted. I have made 4 trips to the Kalama so far and hooked 2 fish. Plant numbers looked good at 122,162. This is the 4th year in arrow it has sucked. Talked to lots of guys I've seen for years, the same report from them. Not sure what has c
Jump to new posts Re: Who isn't dying? by stam @ Yesterday at 01:31 PM

Did you kill Slo D with your verbal abuse, or just ban him? Either way is okay, thank you, it's been kinda pleasant without him here.
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: MA-12, South of Ayock is starting. by Carcassman @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

What folks need to understand about septics is that the only thing they do to nutrients is put them into solution. Then, we put that water in the ground. If we're lucky, the plants growing over the drainfield suck em up. If not, they move with the w
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: MA-12, South of Ayock is starting. by stonefish @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

I'd have to believe in the summer, more water flows out of the north fork at Hoodsport then actually down the river itself. I may be wrong on that as I don't have figures to back it up. I think Tacoma did increase the flows down the north fork a few
Jump to new posts Re: Who isn't dying? by paker @ Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ReefSkunkHankster. RIP Fear the Walking Dead.......
Originally Posted By: stamSeems the new goal is to have only Amazons (and gov't employees) living in King Co....us lowlifes can make 'merca great again somewhere else. Please don't lump us lowly state employees in with your "gov't employees and
Northwest Fishing Board
Jump to new posts Re: MA-12, South of Ayock is starting. by Carcassman @ Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Interesting question on the N Fk Flow. The diversion has not changed freshwater input much, if at all. The water goes in at the powerhouse. There was in interesting study about the impacts of the diversion and the really big one is that the Skok de
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
Gibbs Delta Time Capsule
Driftin'
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 65 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
doublej, ttf236, Dustin Simonis, HuskyKMA, Coug84
11319 Registered Users
Top Posters
Hankster 27945
Todd 23794
Sol Duc 14156
Dan S. 13182
paker 12895
Banned User 12891
STRIKE ZONE 12106
Salmo g. 12027
eyeFISH 11899
Dogfish 10971
Forum Stats
11319 Members
18 Forums
75952 Topics
884378 Posts

Max Online: 596 @ 05/24/12 03:35 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2015 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |