Thanks Evo for the link. I've looked at so many scopes lately and it's really amazing what's out there iffin' you can justify the cost.

Didn't want to spring for optics in the $2500 - $3000 range. It wasn't so much the cost but the weight and the reticle style were of more importance.

I have a Trijicon ACOG 4 x 32 with the .308 reticle. It's way to busy for my old eyes to pick up the intersection of the cross hairs quickly. Most of the complex mil-dot reticles have so much going on when you look through them that it's hard for a guy with old eyes to pick up the intersection amid all of the other info that is on display. And do it in a hurry.

So,I put a Leupold VX-5HD 2 x 10 x 44 mm obj. on my 22" barrel 6.8 SPC. Really nice clarity, positive click 1/4 min. adjustments, Fire Dot duplex illuminated reticle, 30 mm tube. Best part is it is only 12.5" long and only weighs 19 Oz.

So I got basically the same thing for this JP LTC-19 / 6.5 CM. Only this time I got the VX-6HD 3 x 18 x 44 mm obj. This one is 13.5 " long and still only weighs 20.2 oz. Same Illuminated Fire Dot reticle, 30 mm tube, and 1/4 min. click adjustments. This one however is a second focal plane rig as opposed to the VX -5HD 2 x 10 x 44 which is a first focal plane outfit.

Can't wait to send a bunch of 123 and 136 grain Lapua Scenars ahead of a healthy charge of Hodgen Superformance to that distant 800 meter target.

Ya Buddy !