Originally Posted By: bobrr
Anyone who blindly supports him needs to read the thread on Bloody decks, it seems this guy is closer to Phil Anderson's charter lobbying while on the commission and totally trashed the concept of CONFLICT OF INTEREST! Anderson was the head of the commission and repeatedly extended and expanded limits on kings in area 4 when catch quotas weren't met due to lack of run size . Runs don't measure up to projections and he would do this every year. Does it matter that he is the president of the Westport charter boat association while heading the commision and insuring his own pockets would be lined? Dave wants a 4 fish limit yearly for rec fishermen while expanding harvest for charters. What a load! bob R
P.S. And now Anderson is heavily involved as a paid consultant for Either N.O.F. or the Pacific salmon management group., I believe. We are screwed even when we win.

Wow, what a rant and worse it is full of erroneous information.

As CM pointed out Mr. Anderson was never a WDFW Commissoner let alone head of the Commission. Also, the Commission is made up of Commissioners each with an equal vote.

Your insinuation that Mr. Croonquist would have a conflict of interest and somehow benefit personally is without foundation and is offensive if not slanderous.

Charters provide opportunity to those recreational fishers not otherwise able to access the halibut fishery. If there is a separate allocation and/or season for "charters" please educate me.

Now, the one thing you wrote which is accurate is that Mr. Croonquist has championed an annual halibut limit for recreational fishers (both fishing from Charters and private vessels). Of course you didn't explain why you objected. Be advised that the goal was to spread out the recreational halibut fishery providing more fishers an opportunity to participate and to do so safely. That is, to go to an open season rather than a few specific dates. I think that is a good idea while recognizing that as halibut allocations vary both the annual limit and season length are subject to change.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)