I've covered this ground more than once, and my hide has become seriously chapped.

I can't fathom why we tax paying, license buying stakeholders have to abide by the works of a dubious "Co-Management" process that 1) pits us singularly against some 22 other entities, each with a single vote...and that's all that's needed to quash any proposal 2) has a tipped "playing field" where stonewalling, or leaving the premises at a whim is permissible, 3) is conducted behind closed doors to conceal its totally dysfunctional character, and 4) is nowhere near any semblance of the Good Faith bargaining principles that should be a prerequisite for both sides before entering the room.

Tribes going at it between themselves, and we have to cope with that? Their separate permit process on a fast track, and ours bogged down in bureaucracy? A Director, Managers, AG Staff and Commissioners that brush all this off, and sum it up by saying, "Well, that's just politics!"

This is NOT my idea of "you get what you pay for"...and I wonder how anyone with a genuine concern for the fish could see it any differently than I do.