This is very true. We stumbled upon a Sky valley mobile meth lab once while out trying to find river access (near Cracker Bar...surprise surprise).

This was our reaction

Instead of cops....it was Tweakers with shotguns. Nope! Back it up. Back. it. up. backitup.

This topic reminds me of a wild night camping in Pisgah outside of Brevard. The gf, lab and I were out fly fishing and camping up there one weekend. After fishing all day into the dark, we picked a WAY back road and random campsite for the night. We had a nice quiet spot and a nice fire. After a great dinner, the gf and lab were happy and content....until all hell broke lose.

Apparently it was bear season and the locals were running DOZENS of GPS collared dogs. In the dark, we had picked a camping spot directly in the center of a huge berry patch loaded with bears. It was pure mayhem for about 30 minutes. My lab was chained to the truck and his chain blew through the fire. Burning logs went everywhere. So I had an actual forest fire; screaming & scared gf; pissed off lab; 14 drunk rednecks; 4 trucks; many guns and a whole pack of amped up hunting dogs to deal with all at once. It was a true chit show. But - I did score a jar of shine off of one of those good ol' boys, so it was kinda worth it. The gf did not agree.

Edited by NickD90 (11/26/19 08:22 PM)