Carcassman, good questions. There are already tagging programs in place which are used to help identify and estimate the number of fish caught in the ocean and freshwater belonging to which hatcheries they were produced that. It is an estimate and not the best but it does give an idea of the number of adults that have been produced from each Hatchery. I would include that along with those that returned to the Hatchery.

I mentioned spawning only the largest and healthiest fish in each year class so no that does not mean that you would ignore the younger fish but rather that you would take the largest ones of each year and the healthiest ones of each year. The fish ladders could also be easily designed such that you could take the most athletic ones of each year. In my opinion there is no need to spawn the jacks as they are the most unsuccessful in nature and the genes for jacks are in the DNA. They will show up even if you do not spawn them. The Kalama demonstrates this. If you insist however, I would agree to spawning one lucky Jack per year.