Hey Huntar,

You know, from my experience, fishing the McNary pool, this time of year is a bit of a slump. Lots of fish are in the pool for sure, simply milling around and waiting for water temps to rise. As we begin to get a change in weather, you will begin to see some fish being caught and counts go up at the dams. You can catch them now, it's just gonna be a bit slow. I wouldn't wait, shoot there are a million great places to fish not far from you. If you want a great opportunity head for the Grande Ronde outside of Clarkston, maybe spend a day on the Clearwater while your at it. All of the pools in the lower snake can be good this time of year as well, have friends that have been catching them above Little Goose almost every weekend....bobber and shrimp fishing in the nav lock. The Touchet, Tucannon, and Walla Walla are all very good at times too....muddy at the moment. How about the John Day? Wow, great fishing. I guess my point is that steelheading is almost always slow at best, that's what makes it so great, an endless challenge. Happy Holidays to you and great fishing.

jed ><>