Kory,

Skagit fish don't see much popwer bait or qwaurkies, I can't understand why you're not catching any.

The fish due back this year on the Skagit are from a big 450,000 smolt plant. They dump these smolts in Bacon Creek, Cascade River, Baker River, Grandy Creek, and Barnaby Slough, among others. Try access points near these areas, and don't give up - these brats will return through Jan and Feb.

I journeyed out to the Cascade on Wed. My partner and I each hooked one, he lost his, mine was 7 pounds.

There were NETS stretched across the mouth of the Cascade when I left, which I had never seen before. A friend went there today and talked to the main hatchery guy, Steve I think. He said that they also netted the MOUTH of the hatchery creek, infuriating many people, including himself. There was nothing he could do to stop them.

Oh well, better now while they are predominantly hatchery then the Sauk in March when it's closed down, right?

Have any of the 50,000 fisherman fishing the Skykomish over the holidays caught anything?

TK