Originally Posted By: ondarvr
Every region has it’s own challenges, I think the ones in Washington are substantially different than California.

I’ve seen both the good times and bad times in prior decades, this decline seems to be far worse, with competing interests that can make up their own rules.

I only have so much time and energy left, I could have stayed and continued to fight, with little chance of success, or move on.

I live on the water again, I can catch trout that are as big, or bigger than the cookie cutter 5-6 lb steelhead at my old place, plus many other types of fish. I can do it year round with no special license or catch card unless I go for sturgeon. The Colville Tribe has even been releasing salmon above Grand Coulee dam in hopes of reestablishing a run.

Now that I’m over here I understand more about the wolf issue, right or wrong, it sucks a huge amount of money and time out of WDFW. The pro wolf groups tend to be even better funded from big west side money to tie things up in court. When you have wolves in your yard it gives you different perspective than from 300 miles away.

Over here the tribes have an open season on wolves and plant fish, what’s to argue with.

Shhhh! The net has destroyed many great fisheries!