My take......I've bought NO salmon or steelhead, in my life....yea I ate trout caught in Washington State, Canada, and South Dakota but I've NEVER actually purchased any "red meat fish".

I live in Grays Harbor...thus my access to salmon and steelhead is better than most areas of the United States...."I fish therefore I am", while I don't fish as much as I've done in the past....I still fish LOTS !!!! I don't like to eat frozen fish, but I have, most of my frozen fish gets smoked.

I shop Costco and Safeway, mostly. It would be interesting to see how many pounds of "farm raised steelhead amd salmon" is sold.

I would say that the vast majority of the public really don't give it a second thought as to wheather the fish they are buying is in fact farm raised.

Probably most people couldn't tell if the fish was "wild or farm raised", if blind folded and the fish was cooked exactly the same way.

Now I can see the commercial industry, and whomever backs the commercial industry, throwing up road blocks but again "the fish buying public", wants to buy when and if they want to buy....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"