Well its not looking good. Ive been on the rivers four to five days a week this winter and havent had much to show for it. If not for the great summer run the whole year would have been a bust.

I gues I cant totally complain, Ive been getting about one hook up per day but ive expected more. Ive been searching for the stream out in my neck of the woods that is consistant but havent found it, at this point I dont think Im going to find it.

I really feel sorry for the guys in the sound, If its this slow where I live I can only imagine how bad it is over there.

Well we can only hope the hatchery run is late but Im begining to believe the bolk of fish has already come in. Lets keep our fingers crossed. The other hat trick is the late winter run hopefully it will make up for the hatchery run bust.

One good thing ive seen is we seem to have a few more wild fish than normal for this time of year or maybe ive just been lucky?

I hope WDFW steps in if things keep up the way they are. With possibly some emergency closures on wild fish retention for the coast. But probally like always they will be a day late and a buck short.