I don't really label anyone. I've fished most methods out there at one time or another. But I have a few thoughts though. When it comes to fly fishing, I add no extra scents except the natural that occur off materials used/my hands.

BUt when I fly fish, I either use a floating line or a sinking line. No split shot, no SI's. I either use dries on a floating, submerging/subsurface on a floating, or a wetfly swing on a sinktip. I won't use the SI's anymore (though I showed Sparkey the ones I used to use for fly fishing and the ones I still use for small jigs) nor will I use split shots. They're good training tools, but I like a bit more of a challenge. If I want to use an SI, I grab my jig rod and throw jigs. If I want split shots, I use my drift gear.

But to each their own. Some guys protest about guys using trebles (I used to love to use them but won't now thanks to regs). But, what do most guys in UK use (fly wise)? Alot use double/treble fly hooks. I know a few of the UK fly swaps I've hosted have sent me their "secret" flies since I'm rarely gonna fish their rivers, and all have been trebles.

To each their own though. What is one man's displeasure is another man's joy. I know I use weighted flies, but there are guys who totally get in disgust if people use them. So be it. It's all opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

By the way, got some nice kings, fair hooked and aggresively taken on the fly on my vacation in mid October. What a rush. Plus some silvers to boot. smile

Northwest River Fisherman