Stifler-
If you are looking for a reel in which you can load up on extra spools (cassettes) for all your lines, the STH/Cortland is an inexpensive way to go.

I have talked to many, like Scaly, who have had excellent luck with their STH's but I have a much differnt experience.

I have a post-Cortland STH (about 6 years or so ago, Cortland took over the final manufacturing and distribution of these reels) and although it has got its share of steelhead and salmon, it has cost me fish.

This reel has been back to Cortalnd once for warranty repair due to the spindle coming loose from the frame causing an awful rattle when a good fish runs.

At this point the reel comes out of the closet as a backup or so a freind or two can use it. My recommendation is to avoid these reels like the plague (although the pre-Cortland STH's are a damn fine reel) but there are those, like Scaly, who have had excellent luck with theirs.

btw-The turbine drag is a goofy disc contained with a clear plastic case filled with liquid. The turbine drag is suppose to create the lowest startup inertia of any reel on the market but in my opinion it is just a gimmick.