Bob R:

Poor Ron Warren, he didn't know whether to "xhit or go blind"....he was actual lost for words....he'd have been better to just stay in the back of the room, and just not say anything then to come up to the front of the group and "then not really say anything, and looked dumb doing that."

Monty meeting was well attended, 2 WDFW LE there, must have expected problems, guides showed up, lots of WDFW personnel.

Pretty much another in a long line of "dog and pony shows" relative to salmon. Might be some chinook up for harvest but with the amount of people that would decend on the Chehalis, impacts would be gone IN NO TIME. I'd rather have a long Coho season, and jacks, than worry about "WDFW, quick finger on closures, shut the whole Chehalis system early.

It was nice that WDFW allowed time "for steelhead talk"....normally at these meetings, if a person mentions steelhead, sturgeon, or other fish.....they are shut off...and in no uncertain terms told.."this is about salmon"..

No spring chinook, again.....I remember Ron Warren saying at a meeting, many years ago, there will NEVER be any hatchery raised spring chinook in the Chehalis system....so far that is true........grrrrrr

Edited by DrifterWA (02/29/20 05:24 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"