Salmo,

I, too, like the EC 1157 (series) for their sharpest and staying power. They are a good "working" hook for the Skagit. Additionally, a sparsely tied fly gets down in a hurry on these hooks. Also, I like the gold and nickle plating on different patterns and they make a fairly good hook on tube flies. However, I take a disliking to the large wire diameter.

Ditto on Tiemco. Way too costly for the "rock fish" in Winter plus constant sharpening makes these hooks not worth the extra money. Targus is the same hook at a few bucks cheaper.

Mustad- I just plainly don't like them. I had more of these hooks break than I can count. Maybe the temper process has changed since I last used them (late 80's). Another problem I have found is with the eye. Either it is not fully closed or exposed with sharp edges. Maybe I am being a little abrasive towards these hooks, but I have had a lot of problems with them.

Dai-Ichi..??? Beautiful hooks- too brittle!

Gammie T10-6H? I like them, but they are a light hook. I can always add a little weight. Keeps a great point, stronger than normal. A little on the pricey side. Come in different colors (Red, Green, Blue, Black)- pleasing to the eye and pattern.

Partridge hooks are "soft" and require constant attention.

The Gammies get my overall vote. Followed by the EC 1157, Tiemco, and Dai-Ichi respectively.

Downriggin'

Puget Sound Anglers, Gig Harbor Chapter