Hmmm... can't say I've ever fished for tiger muskies before, but I've been around enough pike to make a few suggestions. First-- the fish are pretty aggressive. Second, their teeth are unbelievably sharp. Third, they're brutes in sizes over six pounds or so.

Pike seem to prefer yellow and red color combos or chartreuse and red or white and red. I don't think you have to go too fancy in pattern.

I would avoid articulated bunny flies because the rabbit strip will last about one fish. The dacron or mono link between the shank in the front and the hook in the back won't last that long. Larry Dahlberg had some patterns that were grown-up versions of his Dahlberg Diver that he liked for pike as well as some other variations using the long version of FishHair.

As far as leaders go, there are several brands of stranded wire that you can use to tie shock leaders. Tyger is one that comes to mind. Some folks just tie the fly on a heavy mono shock tippet and trust that they'll hook the fish on the outside of the mouth. That might be OK with a tarpon-style tie on a long shank hook.

That will work-- I once caught an 18-pound pike on 6-lb. test line and a 1/8-ounce crappie jig.

Now you've got me thinking Mayfield...

Good luck--

Keith