LOL, thanks Fred. Yeah, I'm a long time poster here.

Actually, you've heard some truths and falasies (sp?). Depends on the type of boat, dictates on anchoring. Most of the full rocker hulled boats will bucket and can flip if current is bad enough (those are your outcasts, bucks, ODC's, etc). Then, you have your better boats that will withstand anchoring better, are safer to handle, and can fish standing up on (Skookum Steelheader, bad cats, etc). Which my preference is the Steelheader, since it's built here in WA (tubes and frames) and owner was one of the first to make a hardcore fishing cataraft.

You can get a minidrifter. Those work great (friend of mine has my wooden mini drifter). Works great for a one man boat too. Both are great, you just have to know what YOUR limitations are. Best thing to do is sit down and way out your options (if you want, email me and we can talk it over and give you full rundown). For some the minidrifters are the way to go. But some are the pontoons or stepping up to your full blown catarafts. Email me and we'll talk it over. The one thing I'll say. Before you take it out on a river, row it around a lake for awhile. That way you get a feel for the oars and how they move the boat.

Northwest River Fisherman