Originally Posted By: Blktailhunter
Originally Posted By: stonefish
True, it might be walking on the private tide lands is the illegal activity.

With that being said, there has always been county park overflow parking along the road just east of the WDFW non ramp facility and walk in access is still allowed. That overflow parking has been there for as long as I can remember. We used to park there all the time when the park parking lot was smaller and undeveloped and would fill up quickly.
So I doubt locking the parking lot is going to stop people from walking on private tidelands if that is indeed the illegal activity.

Also, who goes to a public beach and goes walking in someone’s yard as the article states? That would be someone’s front yard in this case.
It sounds like of exaggeration to me to help get this locked up.
SF

I may be wrong, but I don’t think it is illegal to walk along the beach on someone’s property as in from PNP to the beach at the launch facility or vice versa. What would be illegal is stopping to fish, sit or even pick up shells. Just transiting across the property is fine, at least that is what my brother tells me who owns beach front property on the Hood Canal near Salsbury.
That being said, I use the facility to launch a kayak on occasion. I guess I’ll have to park on the street and wheel it under the gate...quietly.

I think it depends on whether they own the tidelands or not, but that can be a convoluted debate has I’m sure you know.
I’ve found most people to be pretty cool but every once in awhile you run into a real hard ass about their property rights. Most the time I’ve found them to be newer property owner who moved here from
out of state, but not always.
I just move on if if I run into one of those types.
I understand they are paying a hefty tab as far as property taxes but if someone is just moving through and not parked there fishing etc as you said, it shouldn’t be a problem.
Over the years I’ve become pretty good friends with a number of homeowners on various beaches. I try to pick up any litter I find and respect their privacy by being quiet.
A fish or good bottle of wine or booze can open up some pretty good access and friendships. Last time I fished up north I got served teriyaki kabobs on a private beach.
SF

Edited by stonefish (07/14/20 08:55 PM)