Cucumber salad

This one is different from the standard vinegar base Cumber salad.
Another great use of extra garden veggies. I just made this about an hour ago and it's currently chillin' in the fridge for dinner tonight. My mom made this for us growing up. I have no idea where it came from, but it is great on a HOT day like today...

Peel several pickling cumbers from garden. 6 or so per 2 people. Slice in half lengthwise and then chop each half into bite size peices (1/8 - 1/4" thick). Chop up a bunch of onion or shallot. Green, red, yellow, white - whatever you have for onion.

Mix cucumbers, onion, fresh or dry dill, salt, pepper, garlic salt with a healthy squirt of mayo. You'll want just enough mayo to lightly coat the cumbers. You can also add celery salt or any spicy seasonings you want to kick it up a notch. Small whole cherry tomatoes can also be added or larger ones halved. Mix well and chill in fridge for at least an hour. It should last 1 - 2 days before it gets watery. Adding sliced Tomatoes makes it water out much faster, so you should eat that style right away.

Serve COLD right at supper time. Piece of cake side dish that is nice and cool on a hot day.