Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Originally Posted By: Todd
Followup from VIP Outdoors:

https://www.facebook.com/vipoutdoors/videos/336875080833632

I am glad everyone is ok, and this guy sure seems like a class act.

Fish on...

Todd

I'm not so sure about the class act part, Todd. A class act wouldn't say it could happen to anyone, when it's abundantly clear that these accidents only seem to happen to boat drivers who aren't watching where they are going. I see it happen with the guide boats quite often, when they finish trolling a line and all the gear is back on board, the guide powers up, then gets on his phone to check with his network about where the bite is going on, and usually watch where they are driving, but not always. I've fished among the bumper boat traffic there enough times to see that it's all about keeping one's eyes on the road, just like driving on the highway.

Yeah, I question the "class act" myself, he seems to imply that because it's a good thing no-one was seriously hurt that blame for the "accident' isn't something to be talked about. I know that if i was in the boat being crushed I'd have some heavy hitter lawyers involved. I'd fuc*ing own "VIP". Hopefully the Coast Guard pulls this sucker's guide license. We had a pair of jokers nearly sink us at Seiku 10 or 15 years back, watching their rods and not where they were going impacts the rear corner of the kicker boat we were using. And this after us yelling " Look where you're fuc*ing going!". If they were a little more direct in placement and not just trolling we would have been in serious trouble. And why was the photo of the "accident" pulled ? Someone doesn't want bad publicity, I guess. It should be required to be posted on their website. That way people know what kind of guide they are hiring.

Edited by bobrr (08/26/20 10:45 AM)