Me and a buddy took our first saltwater flyfishin trip this sunday down by fox island. We really didn't know what the heck we were doing, so we just tied up some shrimp imitations and brought some skykomish sunrises and a few other similar flies. We threw those on full sinks with 5/6 rods.

Found a small point that the current ran by that made a small break of about 40 yards littered with rocks and threw into the current and drifted into the slow water.

We managed a few nice juvi cohos to 13-14", which was a buttload of fun by the way, but never did hook up with any Cutts. Nor did we see anyone that had hooked any.

So i was wondering what your goto flys are for sea run cutts. We tried deep, shallow, fast-slow-dead drifts but no cutts. We know they were there so it seems to be a matter of fly selection.

Any pictures of good comercial flies would be cool but i like homemade stuff. Anyone got any good homemade flies for SRC's they would like to share? Pics? Just to get an idea of what to tie on my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

F F F