It seemed like a long shot, but it looks like I've got a week of fishing in Alaska after all. KK started a thread a couple months ago about who's fishing in Alaska this year, and I mentioned that I wasn't able to arrange it pre-season due to some other things, but was considering calling or e-mailing around to see if anyone had a solo opening or cancelation. Within a few days I got an email from someone in Alaska who read about it here, and he had an opening for next week. Managed to coordinate nearly last minute air travel, so I'm going north Sunday night for a week of trout fishing. I've tied up some olive, black, and purple sculpins, woolley buggers, egg-sucking leech patterns and some deer hair mice in case the ultimate fun breaks out. I left all my remaining flies like that with the guides in Kamchatka last summer, and all my DEET since they wear it like cologne. Got a big box of dries and a few yarn egg flies. The guide has lots of beads if we have to resort to that, which is good as I don't have any and haven't used them, but I guess they're like the yarn puff balls.

Got the 5, 6, 7 wt and Spey Tracker little Spey rod ready to rumble; Hardys oiled; leader tippet from OX to 6X (highly selective grayling, maybe?); waders; all the important stuff it looks like.

Got extra memory card for the digital camera, so I'll post photos to the Salmo page when I get back.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.