Originally Posted By: Carcassman
Keep on fishing. The agreements are for a fixed schedule, regardless of catch. Since they are fishing at a rate, not a number, they will still achieve escapement goal as they will only take x%, regardless of run size. Has worked perfectly in the past, so why not now?

Wait minute? Actually in the past fixed fish numbers were the norm back in the 70's & 80's, based on run predictions. I remember on the Puyallup the 1983-84 winter Steelhead run forecast was a fixed number the tribes were allocated and a huge run showed up as well around the state, and the tribe achieved there quota number the first 3 weeks of Dec. Then the then WDG forced them to pull out having met the quota. The run continued to build all season and the tribes were out which produced a state leading sports catch. I guess they wised up and went to 50% of days of a season vs 50% of a forecasted quota number. Funny how the tide has turned. All of our salt sport fisheries are based on forecasted quota numbers instead of 50% of the season. Sucks balls if you ask me!