We are 5 weeks away from spring turkeys...though based on the last couple of years, I will probably put off hitting the woods until the end of April, as there have been a lot more active birds then.

Two lady friends have shown interest in getting into some hunting with me, and though one used a 12 gauge last year to successfully harvest a fall bird, she definitely would like a lighter and more manageable weapon. The other flat out does not like the big boom of a 12 gauge, but is willing to pop off a few with a .410 to see how she likes that.

A few months ago I picked up the Mossberg SA-410 TSS Turkey gun, and then this month I picked up a Stevens 301 TSS Turkey Special by Savage Arms.

The Mossberg is a semi-auto, and the Stevens is a single shot break action.

I've shot the Mossberg a couple of times, and it's really fun to shoot...haven't taken the Stevens out in the woods yet, but may get out there this week if I can squeeze out a little time.

Both are optimized for Federal TSS #9s, and though they are getting a little easier to find, they are not getting any cheaper! They still end up running about $9 a pop...but I do have some comparable Apex on the way that are a little less. Still have the two boxes of Boss copper coated, and I am looking forward to seeing how all three of them pattern.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle