I am going to start bringing a fly rod with me this summer and hopefully hook a steelhead. I was looking for a little bit of help with the equipment side of things and tactics. A lot of how i catch these fish is sight fishing them. Generally if the fish arent too pressured or spooky you can see them and place a bobber and jig/ bait right in front of there nose. So in this scenario to me a fly rod would be best fished upstream with a nymph type approach. seem right? or if that piece of river is conducive to swing i plan to use a full floating line with a rio versileader to get down? normally only fishing 2-4ft of water sometimes pools with 10+ft. 10 ft 7 weight single hand rod, large arbor reel, full floating line, versileaders, wet flies and nymphs. Are the versileaders the best (or even good?) way to sink your fly or just attatch sink tips instead? Im not new to steelhead and am confident i can get one to eat if i can give it to them the right way. I unfortunately am going at this alone and dont have a mentor. Any and all advise, experiences, whatever is appreciated.