Hey Bob, you sly ol' dog , from about 1981 I was the only boat fishermen on the Clackamas River using that rigup; including the Toman brother guides . When I was guiding everyday thru all May and first half of June there thru the 80's for springers I never saw any other guide or fishermen use it . I could have missed some though. Moot point anyway, because my thought was the significant thing is for your readers that weren't aware of these techs can now make use of it for the upcoming springer season, and other fisheries. I know some guides used chem egg cures before others even knew about them back in the 70's (I learned about them later ) , and most know about them these days, but myself and others still put up egg cure suggestions to help others improve their techs . ... Curious how many of you have used this tail down rolling rigup for trolling prawns for springers and backtrolling for steelhead? Thanks much guys. - RT

Ooops. I missed your Q Smolt Steve. ... Big seafood retailers, such as Seattle's Pike Street Market, have some boxes of the Marcy brand and other brands stored in their freezer. Or many of them will order a box for you. I've found that Marcy has the highest % of quality intact whole cooked prawns.

[This message has been edited by Reel Truth (edited 01-26-2001).]