If you don't mind sharing a trip idea or dream (for the improbable but possible), post a description &/or picture of yours. See below this pic for a description.

[img]http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/aol?imgid=1443552[/img]

This is the Kitlope River in NW B.C. (pic and article from Beautiful British Columbia magazine). It is a total roadless river area. This awesome river flows into Douglas Channel (saltwater inlet); the same one the Kitimat River flows into. While the Kitmat is a great river, road access has taken a toll on it's runs in recent years (I fished it in '89 when 40,000+ huge Kings swam up it - best fishing I've ever enjoyed). The wilderness Kitlope R. still runs thick with trophy steelhead and Kings, as well as the other salmon species. The run timing is similar to other NW B.C. rivers. Only a very few people ever fish this river. A couple helicopter services out of Terrace, B.C. drop off fishers with a raft and all gear; on gravel bars like you see in the pic above. They come back to pick you up near the river mouth a few days later - if the brown bears haven't gotten you (take bear spray; the capsasin pepper type, and the AK47 type wouldn't be a bad idea - actually, bears in these type areas aren't used to people and most often will run if you make noise coming around corners). Fishing in the mainstem and up tributaries, like the one coming in from the right, should be as good as it gets anywhere on Earth (if the river is in good shape of course - which it usually is in the summer - the roadless Kilbella R. in from Rivers Inlet B.C. likely would be comparable). These 2 are at the top of my dream wish list. There are lots of others right up there though. Share one of yuours? Thanks. - Steve (RT)

[This message has been edited by Reel Truth (edited 02-08-2001).]