As ever more boating traffic is congesting marginally sized rivers, such as the Wynoochee River, the conflicts are getting worse; including with the bank anglers. This subject got raised in the "Hey RT 1" thread (a reponse to a question I asked). I think it's a worthy subject for discussion in a specific thread of it's own. This was my post on the subject (more to come):

Baitslinger and BK, you are right on about the jetsled wakes; especially the flatbottom ones - they make a much bigger wake going slow, and also are in your hole much longer. I can't understand why some boaters on anchor can't see that. The ones that flip you off for just passing thru are shortsighted doughballs. As for the fish, some may get spooked briefly and others get energized and take it out on your lure. As I mentioned though, I do think there is a point at which sleds should not be used. In the case of the 'Nooch and other marginally sized rivers with lots of traditional driftboat and bankfisher pressure they should not go up there. If they want to fish those type rivers then stay down low where it's wider to avoid conflict and potential boating accidents, and leave the upper area pristine atmosphere in better condition. Same applies to such as the lower Satsop and Kalama (unless they put up a motor ban on the Kalama?). Fortunately, motors were banned several years ago on Oregon's coastal rivers above the Hwy. 101 areas. If they hadn't I am sure many selfserving guys would just push the envelope on up small rivers such as the Wilson and Trask to buzz up and start fishing on down just below the driftboaters. Not a good thing for the river bank erosion and gravel disturbance in such small rivers - and yes, not even ethical in light of the narrow passing lanes and long driftboat tradition there. ... Solution suggestions? ...

RT