Just got back from a 3 day trip at the Canadian Princess in Ucluelet. I have fished with these guys for a number of years. They primarily fish South Bank which is 6 to 12 miles off shore, (running what seems like north to south but is more westerly I think) and for Halibut, Big Bank 20+ miles out.

The campground is right next door to the resort. If you can, stop and get firewood somewhere around Albernie or be prepared to pay up the ... for it. Hang around the resort a bit as the crews are quite outgoing and if you buy 'em a few beers they may give you GPS numbers to some of there spots.

We saw a 46 1/2 Chinook come off of Big Bank along with a number of 50# Halibut. Also saw a 37 pound Ling Cod. Unfortunately for me and my buddies, we just caught little ones.

Bottom fishing can be an adventure out there. Red Fish, Blue Fish one fish new fish. You commonly here "what the hell is that one?" Bring your fish book!

Island West resort is next door to The CP . They offer trolling charters and may give up some info if prompted. Weigh West is in Tofino and they focus more on Clayoquot and the Ocean.

Good Luck
GutZ