This is Fastwater's post from Ifish. Please allow me to start a river specific thread with your post here FW. Hopefully it will bring out info about spots like this, and help foster some solution suggestions. >>>

FASTWATER - Member # 896 posted 09-23-2001 09:46 PM

"Was at the combat zone [likely Blue Creek &/or Barrier Dam] fishing on the Cowlitz today and saw one heck of a fight, with lots of kids around. Just made me sick, after all that has happened lately you would think we would be able to settle our differences peacefully. Just disgusting!!!! PEACE, can't we all just get along?"
---------------
Posts: 8 | From: shoreline, wash. | Registered: Mar 2001 | IP: Logged
---------------

Reply: FW, that's particularly bothersome to hear about on the Cow where so many fish are returning to share! The same lead throwing and some fights are happening around the hatchery bank fishery above the 'meathole' boaters on the NF. One member here launched his driftboat (talked to me today by phone) just above the bank crowds via the north side launch area and tried to normally, properly, and rightfully row down the middle of casters on both banks of this huge wide hole. Some of the mentally challenged (politically correct for ****heads?) bankies started casting at his boat from both sides of the river. This is a smaller than average sized guy, which does make a difference to animals - both the semi-human type and actual 4 legged type. One guy's lead and line lands across his boat and he bites the guy's line off. The bank criminal then says that's going to earn the boater some more lead coming his way. The boater then, within his self defense and legal carrying rights, informed this lowlife that the lead from a gun will come back at a much faster velocity, which shut the stupid guy up. I detest the idea it may have to come to guns for self-defense if the lame states don't clue in! This aimed lead slinging also happened on Sat. the 16th to 2 small guys and a young woman in a sled that carefully motored up thru this huge piece of water, compelling them to speed away thru flying lead. (I heard that others have gone to the bank to take care of risky business). Shortly afterward I slowly motored up thru there with 6'5" Ramstrong and 6' 3" Rippenlips and tough looking Spooled, and nobody casted near 4 big guys; this just after it had happened to these smaller sledders before us. What does that tell you about these chicken **** punks? They pick on innocent smaller people - they are law breaking bullies.

It would be a different scenario if some unethical dumb **** anchored his boat right out in front of already fishing bank anglers. Then if they wouldn't move when properly asked to, I see justification in continued casting right into their lines until they leave. Also try calling in a gammie to wittness the anchor jerk.

What should be done about it? I believe there needs to be more state sponsored ettiquet education targeted at all fishers; boaters and bankies. And like for the snaggers and litter bugs, more enforcement to hand out harsh citations with large fines to offenders. There is certainly no shortage of dumb ***** that will be paying big fine funding for increased enforcement! What will it take to wake up the states?!? mad ...

RT

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: RT 1 ]